January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say I'm concerned at lack of linked players in the media. 98% in the media is a load of crap anyway.

My main concern is like Koemans concern, the lack of balls and negotiation of the board. Schneiderlin has been on the radar since the summer. Now with Gana away, we still haven't agreed a deal with United, even though both clubs and the player want the move. Moshiri needs to stand up, get rid of the incompetent negotiators on the board and do the business himself.
As you say. We should've been all over this in preparation for him to sign on 2/1/2017. It could well be he signs on 9/1/2017 and all will be well. But, nonetheless it grates as to how we don't seem to get it over the line straightaway (and more so after supposedly 'learning lessons' from last summer)!

Wilshere is a very good footballer, I like when we sign very good footballers. Can't see us getting him though as he'd probably have equally good offers darn sarf and I bet he lavs a bit of Landan.

Wilshere is a very good footballer, I like when we sign very good footballers. Can't see us getting him though as he'd probably have equally good offers darn sarf and I bet he lavs a bit of Landan.
He's had the potential to be a good footballer, however his proneness to a long lay off really hasn't helped his development at all.

Also, my season-ticket holding Gooner friend has also remarks that in the middle he can appear flamboyant but not actually make a real impact.

He's done reasonably well at Bournemouth but the fact he's gone there tells me a lot about him and possibly where his actual level lies.

Don't agree. I've seen him play one good game for England. The rest of the time he just runs, with his head down, into crowds of players, falls on his back side and waves at the ref. Don't rate.

Gana, Schniederlin, Davies, Barry, McCarthy and Besic (providing the latter two should stay fit) is a decent pool of centre mids with varying attributes to have in the squad.

Rid of Gibbo and Cleverly, potentially even buy one more quality centre mid if McCarthy was to leave. Though ideally I think as a squad player he is more than good enough.

Come on Everton get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.