January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't aware of that.... how do we know he was the most expensive player in the world then?

Because every news outlet reported it as 'Estimated at £90mil' or so on.

Just like how every news outlet has said our transfer of Lookman costs £10/11mil

Get in you Beauty
peter.jpg

BACK TO EARTH

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/01/05/koeman

And Koeman is hoping to bring in more new faces in the coming weeks with his focus on players who will improve the first team.

Speaking ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup tie against Leicester City, he said: “We will see if we can get the players in that we want because that’s really important for the team.

“If not then we won’t sign other players because that’s not what I want.

“I think we’ve seen from the last couple of years that business sometimes can be really difficult [in January].

“It’s always a game between the club who needs to sell, or would like to sell a player, and the club who is looking to buy a player.

“There are negotiations and sometimes they go fast and sometimes it takes more time.

“It’s my technical view of the player, that’s my input. Then I focus on what my job is, which is to prepare the team for the next game.”

3 still to come in I reckon.

1. CM (Snides)

2. Winger/wide forward (Depay I reckon is an option but we're looking at others)

3. Then a toss-up between CB and ST (depends on who we get as Option 2)

No thanks but cheers for the invite.

I might say stupid things but it's all tongue in cheek.

If it comes across as being offensive I apologise, I might say things to @Prevenger17 with him being full Irish as a joke.

It's the faux Irish I have an issue with.

Don't listen to him Colly, Moomin hates Irish people. He keeps sending me pictures of potatoes and saying "haha dat's u ugly Irish spud!!" It's deeply offensive

With Europe no longer a realistic target this season, wouldn't it be a bid mad to sign another player in that age range right now?

I dunno much about Fonte. Couldn't tell you what age he is.

That fellow was just asking if there were any new rumours floating around and the Echo are reporting that one :(

I was just trying to be obliging :blush:

BTW.....we have every chance of making the EL next season.

England has an extra place from next season.

If the two cups are won by teams in the top six, then the 7th and 8th placed EPL teams will go in ;)

Yep.

We once had all the papers reporting Everton were in for Kenwyn Jones.

Total eyewash.

I've been a reader in here for a while but didn't know this went on until a few days ago. I remember fully believing in the Kenwyn links, so much I thought it was a dead cert. Job well done there *clap*

I dunno much about Fonte. Couldn't tell you what age he is.

That fellow was just asking if there were any new rumours floating around and the Echo are reporting that one :(

I was just trying to be obliging :blush:

BTW.....we have every chance of making the EL next season.

England has an extra place from next season.

If the two cups are won by teams in the top six, then the 7th and 8th placed EPL teams will go in ;)

I did not know that England has an extra place next season, thanks for the info! Thought they needed to be in the top 6 (or, y'know, actually win the FA Cup).

I'm still not sure it makes sense to add another 33-year old, but I'd be less bothered now.

Status
Not open for further replies.