January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the crazy days of even crazier transfer fees - how much is a Tom Cleverley actually worth I wonder? Be interesting to see what we get for him.

My money is on a loan with an option to buy, which will will continue until his contract runs down and he leaves on a free.

Hes on big money I reckon, not big money for teams above us, but big money for teams below us and thats gonna be his market, loan will probably be the most likely, but the source isnt great, the mirror are utter biffs.

In the crazy days of even crazier transfer fees - how much is a Tom Cleverley actually worth I wonder? Be interesting to see what we get for him.

My money is on a loan with an option to buy, which will will continue until his contract runs down and he leaves on a free.

.....loan might actually suit Everton, a sale in the summer will count as club income off any transfer deals. Saying that, he'll still have a lengthy period left on his contract which might mean we have to pay him to go and/or reduce the transfer fee so he gets a higher signing fee.

probably been said already but we are linked to Zach Clough from Bolton today, I would be pretty happy with that as he is very up and coming and could be a star in the future.

...I would hope the groundwork is already being undertaken on targets. The problem will be if the main targets don't want to come or their clubs aren't prepared to do business. Once we have to work down the list it becomes more difficult and even desperate as the deadline approaches.

This window will be interesting because RK and SW have no excuses about working with the current squads and identifying the positions that most need strengthening and the types of players they want. They have also had time to identify targets and hopefully already work on bringing them in. Saying that, i dare say it won't be easy.

I have said it before but what we really should have done these 4 months is ear mark exactly what players we are signing and get them deals very close before we can make them official. An intelligent club in our position does not sign first team players from lesser clubs, nor does it waste time chasing players who don't want to come to as struggling team, it signs players who are unwanted where they are but have lots of potential.

the best example i can ever think of was couthino and sturridge to them lot. they failed in the summer, so worked on two players out of favour where they were and secured them quite quick after deadline day. would both of them walk into our team both then and now? Probably, certainly in one case, and both were signed as out of sorts/unwanted players.

and the real kicker is that we are paying someone to actually control all of this so we can only hope that is what he is doing. Not messing about with finding unknown players as such but finding the right players at the right price who are available right now, and to form a first team for the next 5 years so to speak.

all theoretical of course but it would serve much better value for money and potentially a better strategy than compared to the summer where we paid the asking price on face value for players who were not always the 'right' player.

Considering Walsh's reputation as being able to sign players to play the system at the club, i am hoping this becomes the case over the next few years.

Reactions: JLW
I have said it before but what we really should have done these 4 months is ear mark exactly what players we are signing and get them deals very close before we can make them official. An intelligent club in our position does not sign first team players from lesser clubs, nor does it waste time chasing players who don't want to come to as struggling team, it signs players who are unwanted where they are but have lots of potential.

the best example i can ever think of was couthino and sturridge to them lot. they failed in the summer, so worked on two players out of favour where they were and secured them quite quick after deadline day. would both of them walk into our team both then and now? Probably, certainly in one case, and both were signed as out of sorts/unwanted players.

and the real kicker is that we are paying someone to actually control all of this so we can only hope that is what he is doing. Not messing about with finding unknown players as such but finding the right players at the right price who are available right now, and to form a first team for the next 5 years so to speak.

all theoretical of course but it would serve much better value for money and potentially a better strategy than compared to the summer where we paid the asking price on face value for players who were not always the 'right' player.

Considering Walsh's reputation as being able to sign players to play the system at the club, i am hoping this becomes the case over the next few years.
I think as well that the Sturridge deal was done and medical complete and he signed within 48 hours of the transfer window opening, exactly what we need to do with lets say Schneiderlin if the rumours a true.

If this Moshiri got the dough they say he has, we want 3 signings before the window even opens, we wanna have Elstone camped outside the FA and as soon as the window opens he needs to be lashing that paper work down on the desk.

No excuses at all.

NSNO

Status
Not open for further replies.