January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
cost united £31.6 million and selling him or giving him away for £15m plus add ons. in an inflated market, and it being january when prices get inflated more, they literally are giving him away.. i wonder why???

the money paid for depay is not far from what we paid for lookman.

the more i think about it, the more lookman must be impressing. hopefully koeman has realised we dont need depay now lookman is here

Nah mate, we will still look to bring in another 'primarily' left sided player, just think Depay came with a mix off too much baggage and too many clauses from uniteds end - buy back, sell on % etc, something that if we are ever trying to become a 'big club' again - then we can't really accept

...as far as I know it's linked to salary rather than transfer fee. I also think we have plenty of scope in this window due to the Stones income.
FFP only matters in regards to European footy over a 3 yearperiod so we dont have to worry about it for now, and by the time we did then it shouldn't be an issue as we won't be spending city/chelsea like levels by a long shot

STCC is about wages and for this season we also dont have to worry about it due to stones sale giving us a massive room to increase should we need/want to do so

More abbout sqaud places right now the one in one out - although we could simply de-register a player if needed, although that would possibly have other issues as effectively your 'Niassing' the player and the media will jump all over it

From [Poor language removed]....

Could Slaven Bilic use Enner Valencia to tempt Everton into Gerard Deulofeu swap deal

West Ham United manager Slaven Bilic is desperate for signings this month and could use Enner Valencia's loan at Everton to his advantage.

Bilic, who played for both the Hammers and the Toffees, has endured a testing second season in charge in East London and now looks set to lose his star player Dimitri Payet.

The Sun reports that Hammers talisman Payet is desperate to return to former club Marseille as his wife has moved back to France with his children and he is homesick as a result.

The Hammers have repeatedly said they are under no pressure to sell and will not be bullied into losing their best player.

But Payet's relationship with the club's fans may now be beyond repair making an exit inevitable.

Co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold are believed to be holding out for at least £35 million before considering parting with a player who had been taken into the hearts of everyone connected with the club.

And while no deal has been agreed yet, it looks increasingly likely Bilic will have to plan the rest of the season without his main man.

The former Croatia boss was already desperate for new recruits in the January window regardless of the recent Payet bombshell.

West Ham have been criticised for a seemingly scatter gun approach to their transfer business with bids for Jermain Defoe, Robert Snodgrass, Glen Johnson and Moussa Dembele proving unsuccessful so far.

But the answer could be right under Bilic's nose if he uses Enner Valencia's season-long loan deal at Goodison Park to his advantage.

Valencia has no future at the London Stadium but has impressed of late after a slow start and a lack of game time under Ronald Koeman.

The Ecuadorian was praised by his boss after turning the recent game against Southampton on its head.

With Valencia's stock high on Merseyside, Bilic could offer the 2014 Brazil World Cup star as a makeweight in a move for attacking midfielder Gerard Deulofeu.

The 22-year-old has featured just 13 times in all competitions this season and has been linked with moves to AC Milan and Middlesbrough, as reported by Sky Sports.

With big summer signing Yannick Bolasie out for the season Koeman may be reluctant to leave Deulofeu leave.

But given the fact the former Barcelona youngster was brought to the club by Roberto Martinez and has rarely been used by his manager this term, a swap deal for West Ham's £12 million signing Valencia with some cash on top could prove tempting.

CsxDj2YdSVib106dDDlo_1453268635365368_animate.gif
One flaw with thst story.

Why would we let del go, keep valencia and leave ourselves one player down in the squad?

Because it would be more expensive than just selling him and signing a new player anyway!

Kessie, paint your pictures 'bout how it's gonna be.
By now I should know better, your dreams are never free.
Over 20 million in fact
Oh, Kessie, you can always sell any dream to me.

So is our potential target list now empty out there now Belfodil ain't coming?

2 weeks to go, we have no-one even jarg linked anymore.

Wonderful

Why is it that as soon as deals fail to go through..It has to be the boards fault, Moshiri, Walsh or Koeman's too. Maybe it's down to the facts that we've (a) realised the players either come with baggage or (b) just don't have the qualities were looking for.
Also into the equation...
Sky, Tabloids or twatter come out with rumours, We discuss, Youtube clips are poured over, We loose our shiz (either way) ..."world beater"...or ...should never wear the blue.
The rumours are found to be nothing more than rumours.. "It's esk, The board, etc fault....Come on !!!.. .
Let's wait until the window's "SLAMMED SHUT" before the knives are unsheathed.
We seem to have nabbed our no.1 target and got a clever unknown striker...think we've done well tbh.

That's a good thing. I like that we got big business done early to be honest.
Aye if this is all it is then i am happy with the business. I wanted a barry replacement and got one, and a hopefully boss young winger to get enthusiastic about, plus of course tom davies suddenly making a name for himself.

So yeah, better than loaning Gardner in or senderos or some jarg player who is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.