January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
the details of us holding out for a loan with obligation to buy makes me think there's really something to us being hardasses in negotiation to our own detriment

on the other hand, levy has had that reputation for a long time now and I'd say it was the correct approach and we should be emulating spurs in some ways

tbf lookman has scored more than him this season already. I think even if we don't sell him he'd be on and off the bench at most. Personally thinks he has more to offer than lennon as even lennon hasn't been good this season either, at least deulofeu could produce a bit of magic from nowhere. But i don't think we'll see much more of him this season sadly.
but deulofeu can't even grow a gnome beard. how is he ever going to produce magic??

hahaha we don't want valencia of deulofeu and valencia is the cheaper of the two. Why would we swap a player we already have for another one of our players only to end up in the same situation in the summer, where we have a player we don't want ha, great reporting.

However, that's the first i've read about payet's mum and kids, media could probably have mentioned this a bit more in the whole "i don't want to play for west ham" debate, could just be he wants to leave england for france or nearby.

the details of us holding out for a loan with obligation to buy makes me think there's really something to us being hardasses in negotiation to our own detriment

on the other hand, levy has had that reputation for a long time now and I'd say it was the correct approach and we should be emulating spurs in some ways

correct, could be something that backfires a little for the time being but pays off in the long run. I mean i saw spurs' starting XI the other day cost less than pogba, this was their full strength first team as well, stupid figures for lloris, alderweireld, vertonghan and eriksen. Would love us to start getting that calibre of player for such little money when they actually sold ryan mason for a higher fee than any of them!

We're showing we won't be made a fool of nor will we be taken to the cleaners which is good, there's a bit more thought and method going on there, whereas city seemed to throw £25m+ at every single player they were interested in regardless of their talents.

because it's football not beardball

tom-davies-everton-manchester-city_zs348yb4ews81w6jwv6kb77zk.jpg

I see a beard, a ball and about one quarter of a foot. jury's still out

correct, could be something that backfires a little for the time being but pays off in the long run. I mean i saw spurs' starting XI the other day cost less than pogba, this was their full strength first team as well, stupid figures for lloris, alderweireld, vertonghan and eriksen. Would love us to start getting that calibre of player for such little money when they actually sold ryan mason for a higher fee than any of them!

We're showing we won't be made a fool of nor will we be taken to the cleaners which is good, there's a bit more thought and method going on there, whereas city seemed to throw £25m+ at every single player they were interested in regardless of their talents.
I think things are sticky for us atm because people are testing our resources and it was a flush year for the league in general. as that settles I think we'll get more value for $$

I hope we make a creative bid for Jordan Pickford. Moyes needs money and new players. Offer Sunderland £15-20m for Pickford and let him play in Sunderland for the rest of the season on a loan to help them stay up, heal his injuries and get some valuable experience + give them Jagielka for free + maybe give them McCarthy on a loan with an obligation to buy him in summer if they stay up for £15-20m. We get our number one in a few months, we sell Jags as I hope we replace him with a new centre half and we would likely sell McCarthy for decent money even through we would get that money only in summer if Sunderland stays in PL. And Moyes would get some money to buy two or three players they need. Win-win for all.

I hope we make a creative bid for Jordan Pickford. Moyes needs money and new players. Offer Sunderland £15-20m for Pickford and let him play in Sunderland for the rest of the season on a loan to help them stay up, heal his injuries and get some valuable experience + give them Jagielka for free + maybe give them McCarthy on a loan with an obligation to buy him in summer if they stay up for £15-20m. We get our number one in a few months, we sell Jags as I hope we replace him with a new centre half and we would likely sell McCarthy for decent money even through we would get that money only in summer if Sunderland stays in PL. And Moyes would get some money to buy two or three players they need. Win-win for all.

Or we wait for sunderland to go down and pick him up on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.