January Spending

Status
Not open for further replies.
reckon theres any chance of buying adveturous players like kerlon or one of my favourite players...coentrao?

I reckon we'll do exactly the same as we do every year - have loads of class players linked to us, piss and fart about till the last week, make loads of offers for great playes, only to finally come away with Diddly [Poor language removed] All - the 'star' player for the lowly rated ArseEnd Of Nowhere United.

What do you mean 'pessimistic [Poor language removed]' :p

reckon theres any chance of buying adveturous players like kerlon or one of my favourite players...coentrao?

Wow are both of those players tried and tested at premiership level? Didn't know that how about we just blow 12million on the nearest Brazilian we can find it doesn't matter if they're crap or not at least we'd have 2 Brazilians in our squad.

Now that we have money in the club its vital that it not be blown on player's who are dubbed the next "Insert superstar of the past here". Kerlon as an example was under first option at Manchester United. Tipped to be the next Ronaldinho since then the only thing he does is balance the ball on his head and run with it.....I'd rate Osman over Kerlon he's just as tall. Anyway, long story short he's struggling to keep his first team spot and Man Utd ditched the first option.

Add this in with the fact that we could potentially have some world beaters of our own coming through our acadamy then I don't think we need the next "Ronaldinho" or the next "Figo" we need the current superstars in our squad so our acadamy players will look upto them and think "Yeah I could be as good as him and he plays for Everton." lets sign up a cracking no nonsense midfielder someone for our kids to aspire to.

Perotta, Appiah, De Rossi, Diarra, Diego, Riquelme.

If we have got money, let's not waste it.

Ok lets look at it, Strikers we Dont need, Goalkeepers we Dont need, Central Defs we dont need.
So we do need:
right back cos hibbert can be shaky and hes got no Real competition for his place
defensive midfielder someone that can put his foot on the ball and control the game (like a Vieira type)
maybe....... an attacking midfielder but a backup to our own, someone new and exciting that hasnt been found yet. dont need to spend a lot of money just spend it proper.
;)

If we are talking about a dominating central midfield player who likes a tackle, can pick a pass and skin a few on his way then Stephen Appiah is our man. The only thing that worries me slightly is his supposed poor attitude. Only takes one bad apple to upset the apple cart.

If we are talking about a dominating central midfield player who likes a tackle, can pick a pass and skin a few on his way then Stephen Appiah is our man. The only thing that worries me slightly is his supposed poor attitude. Only takes one bad apple to upset the apple cart.
Yeah quite agree there mick, i'd take a good player with the right attitude than a great player with a [Poor language removed] attitude
look what happened to the team when rooney started to believe his own hype?

Now that we have money in the club its vital that it not be blown on player's who are dubbed the next "Insert superstar of the past here". Kerlon as an example was under first option at Manchester United. Tipped to be the next Ronaldinho since then the only thing he does is balance the ball on his head and run with it.....I'd rate Osman over Kerlon he's just as tall. Anyway, long story short he's struggling to keep his first team spot and Man Utd ditched the first option.

Add this in with the fact that we could potentially have some world beaters of our own coming through our acadamy then I don't think we need the next "Ronaldinho" or the next "Figo" we need the current superstars in our squad so our acadamy players will look upto them and think "Yeah I could be as good as him and he plays for Everton." lets sign up a cracking no nonsense midfielder someone for our kids to aspire to.

Perotta, Appiah, De Rossi, Diarra, Diego, Riquelme.

If we have got money, let's not waste it.

Untesded at premiership level? as is the players above!

And did you stumble across £30 million today? cos thats how much it would be to get de Rossi, hes one of the best players in italy.

I think I would rather spend 30 million on one of the top players in Italy than 10 on an unproven Brazilian youngster who will fail in England. How many Brazilian players whave ever succeeded in the Premier League?

I can only think of 1 who really did well, and that was Juninho, for Boro, and he was hardly a youngster, he came as the finished article.

Lets leave FM at the doorstep :/

I think I would rather spend 30 million on one of the top players in Italy than 10 on an unproven Brazilian youngster who will fail in England. How many Brazilian players whave ever succeeded in the Premier League?

I can only think of 1 who really did well, and that was Juninho, for Boro, and he was hardly a youngster, he came as the finished article.

Lets leave FM at the doorstep :/

That reminds me, am waiting on competition copies from sigames. Will be surprised if I actually receive them though...

It's early and I have just woken up, I am sure I have missed one or two, and Gilberto is obviously one of them.

Just thinking about it, isn't that Anderson kid at the manure Brazilian and doing alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.