January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selling to buy does not make you uncompetitive Dave - look at all the clubs around Europe that employ it with great success, Dortmund, Sevilla, Porto etc. It works if you have a good scouting system in place, which clubs like Southampton didn't once they started selling their best players as well as our own selves once we sold Lukaku. We'd only become unsuccessful if the money we make by selling is either not reinvested at all or is reinvested poorly.

I am concerned however that we want to sell players to fund more big money signings on high wages as Silva hinted at - a highly unsustainable model - rather than buying cheap and selling high. Hopefully we see a bit of sense.

Moshiri said in the AGM it's better for the club to buy young up and coming players for big fees on low wages then to buy players on low fees but big wages.

I think our model now is to buy the best and brightest young players from around Europe on low wages. With the promise we will develop them in the premier league and then sell them on to the bigger clubs at a profit.

I don't see any problem with that myself, if it works we'll become a very successful club in my opinion.

Moshiri said in the AGM it's better for the club to buy young up and coming players for big fees on low wages then to buy players on low fees but big wages.

I think our model now is to buy the best and brightest young players from around Europe on low wages. With the promise we will develop them in the premier league and then sell them on to the bigger clubs at a profit.

I don't see any problem with that myself, if it works we'll become a very successful club in my opinion.
This kind of strategy is what Spurs have followed, and with the right coach and DOF it could indeed be the right way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.