January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm it’s depends on your definition of dross Lou. Rodwell, Mangalla, Jovetic, Negrado, Demicallis, Fernando, Sagna, Frank Lampard at 35, Bony. All in the couple of years before Pep came in.
No mate I'm thinking Toure Silva Kompany Aguero even the likes of Tevez.
They signed players to take them to the next level....and it worked.

Edit
Add Kevin De Bruyne to that list.

We're not signing Zaha, especially at the prices being thrown around, but those that don't rate him I don't understand at all. Palace won 11 games last season. When Zaha didn't play they won 0. He commands so much attention that it genuinely makes the other players better when he's playing.

We're not signing Zaha, especially at the prices being thrown around, but those that don't rate him I don't understand at all. Palace won 11 games last season. When Zaha didn't play they won 0. He commands so much attention that it genuinely makes the other players better when he's playing.

But would that apply to a team like us that has a lot more decent players compared to Palace? He’s their sole focus so no wonder they can’t win without him. Teams wouldn’t be drawn to him the same if he was here which massively reduces his effect.

Zaha is massively overrated. He looks good as he is surrounded by the rest of the palace players. Bolasie also looked good surrounded by the palace players.

25 goals in 153 prem appearances and only 17 assists. Walcott is better even now.

Zaha is a good player but represents everything currently wrong with football and I wouldn't want to see him in a royal blue shirt.

Leave him to his dream at Snapchat FC, the proper melt.

The one question mark over Zaha, is can he do it at a bigger club with a higher level of expectation? He is very comfortable at Palace and living in London, generally as long as Palace are not getting relegated there is no pressure on him. He moved North once before, to Man Utd and it didn't suit him. I actually think Palace would want more like £80m for him as well, its just the way money is in the Premier League now.

The exact same arguments could be applied to Gylfi. Completely flopped at Spurs and went back to being the fish in Swansea’s small pond. He’s played well here for the opening months of this season and no more than that. In terms of influence Zaha is probably the most important player to his club outside the top 6 and he also doesn’t have set pieces fluffing up his stats. Whether his importance speaks to his quality or poor management from Hodgson who’s built a team over reliant on him isn’t completely clear, but Palace’s record with and without him speaks for itself. Again, it’s no different really from when Gylfi was at Swansea. Whether zaha can make the step up as Gylfi is now doing.. well I guess someone will have to find out. But already this season we know what a better manager, system and style of play can do.

Personally I’d rather see him on our XI than Walcott, but then I’d rather see Lozano over Zaha, and I’d rather see Dembele over Lozano and so on and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.