January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrRfBDdWsAA603G.jpg

This was taken at Finch Farm today. Rumoured to be a new defensive coach brought in to sure up any holes and cracks at the back.

What have Villa done to him?!

Recalling Besic’ may not be terrible idea. Hear me out...

The problem at the moment is that Gueye, for all his attributes, is not the best at passing the ball. Opposition sides can harass Gomes and leave Gueye as the open pass, knowing that he can’t do a lot with the ball to hurt them.

Gueye may be better than Besic’ at covering ground, tackling, intercepting etc. But Besic’ is a decent/better passer of the ball. With Besic’ in the side maybe opposition sides wouldn’t be able to focus all their effort on stopping Gomes from passing forward?

Maybe Besic’ and Gomes in center mid could be worth a go if Gueye does go to PSG. Then again the only sides interested in Besic’ play in the championship so that should tell us a lot about how he is thought of within the game.

I like Gueye and think he is undervalued but it clearly isn’t working with Gomes. On form Gomes is a superb player and if the club is to try and move forward I believe he is worth persisiting with.

However, if Besic’ is recalled it’s another loan player back in which hurts our wage budget even more. Jesus this is a difficult situation. I’ll leave it to Silva and Brands to figure out. What a nightmare!

In the context of the remainder of this January window seeing:

1) Gana sold to PSG for a decent wedge;
2) One of McCarthorse and Schneiderlin being sold too;
3) Gomes being permanently signed and
4) Davies going out on loan:

recalling Besic would make sense.

In short, it's not happening.

....rumour that Palace are interested in Bolasie.

I did say the only logic behind Bolasie’s decision is that he might be aware of interest from a London club. Fingers crossed.

Id say its more than just interest if he's cut his loan short.

Hopefully things will move swiftly. The team on Saturday will tell us a lot.

In the context of the remainder of this January window seeing:

1) Gana sold to PSG for a decent wedge;
2) One of McCarthorse and Schneiderlin being sold too;
3) Gomes being permanently signed and
4) Davies going out on loan:

recalling Besic would make sense.

In short, it's not happening.

Fair points
Like the idea of Davies going out on loan. Plus Schneiderlin being sold.
You’re probably right that it won’t happen though.

Real Madrid are poised to beat Manchester United to the signing of defender Eder Militao from Porto.

The 21-year-old had been lined up by United for a £45m summer deal but the Brazilian is opting for Madrid.

Militao can play as a centre-back, right-back or holding midfielder and has impressed at Porto with the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton also monitoring his progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.