January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we even able to sign Matondo from Man City? 18 year old playing for another English league team. Could have sworn it was part of our ban that we couldn’t make these kind of signings

Dunno. To me, an 18 year old is a kid, but in football, probably no longer a youth player.

I think the thought process behind it is he’s not going to get minutes with us and will smash his chances at being sold. Now we have a bite be it a loan but still a bite and hopefully we can work it to our advantage

i'd agree with this if we were heading into the last 5 days of the window, if they pay 100% of his wages that'd be something i suppose and him doing well there may make someone blink the summer and get us a slightly higher fee than what we would now, i just think jan is the prime time for us to actually sell some of our deadwood on perms for a value higher than we should get.

Our summer was all about getting players off the books to save on wages, jan is a time when all the teams down the bottom panic and we should try puling their trousers down over players like niasse and schneiderlin. just my view.

I think the thought process behind it is he’s not going to get minutes with us and will smash his chances at being sold. Now we have a bite be it a loan but still a bite and hopefully we can work it to our advantage

i'd agree with this if we were heading into the last 5 days of the window, if they pay 100% of his wages that'd be something i suppose and him doing well there may make someone blink the summer and get us a slightly higher fee than what we would now, i just think jan is the prime time for us to actually sell some of our deadwood on perms for a value higher than we should get.

Our summer was all about getting players off the books to save on wages, jan is a time when all the teams down the bottom panic and we should try puling their trousers down over players like niasse and schneiderlin. just my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.