January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of anyone being offended by the term Yanks. It’s what we call our national team.
You can always find someone to take offence to something these days, and if you can’t, then someone else will take offence on someone else’s behalf.

It’s all because of millennials. ;)

Anyway. Are there any fresh rumours going around tonight?

No Ins, no Outs,
What's this window all about?

It’s not really rocket science.

We’ve paid too much for absolute tosh in recent seasons. And now we have a lot of not very good footballers on insane wages that nobody wants to buy off us.

What I’m not getting is why people think it’s a good idea to keep adding to this already massive wage bill.

Anyone?

You can always find someone to take offence to something these days, and if you can’t, then someone else will take offence on someone else’s behalf.

It’s all because of millennials. ;)

Anyway. Are there any fresh rumours going around tonight?
Just remember who raised these millennials to be that way.

8 goals & 3 assists so far this season isn’t bad.
Chart had nothing to do with goals or assists. For the record my intent isn't to say he can't play. I'm making the point that I doubt he's a top 5 midfielder at dribbling and passing forward like those stats said and that instead the fact that 3 PSG midfielders stand out is due to how they play.

Maybe not the thread, but do you find Yanks offensive? I mean to me a Yank is simply somebody from Murica, it has no ill feeling from my POV, but ive read its offensive to some Muricans?
There's absolutely nothing offensive about it. If I did find it offensive, it would be pretty hypocritical considering how direct I can be on this board and in real life honestly. It's just a bit strange, the only time we'd ever say Yankee was in reference to someone from North of the Mason Dixon Line, which is indeed a North South refernce. But yeah, nothing offensive, that would be silly.

Back to the TV packages, it's just crazy how much access we have here. Keep in mind, growing up, we literally could not watch soccer. It was not on. Simply not. About the only bit we could watch was indoor soccer, which is just hysterical on so many levels. Preki, though.

Now, it's just ridiculous. Now I pay for NBC Gold, which allows for me to watch every EPL game. It is like $50, which isn't nothing. But I also pay $4 a month for ESPN+, where I get every MLS match, tons of FA Cup matches, virtually every Serie A match, friggin A-League, Liga MX, etc.
BeIN Sports is even more ridiculous, and it comes with our regular TV package along with the APP, where I can watch every La Liga match, every Ligue 1 match, tons of Turkish League matches, and quite a few others. Like do I seriously need to watch every African Champions League match? Welp, they are on the app if I want to.

Fox Sports Channel comes with typical TV package along with the app, so I can watch every Bundesliga match and much of Liga MX (which is hard to watch I must say), as well as the Dutch league if you can believe it.

Beyond that, all the Mexican channels carry the rest of the Liga MX matches and GOL TV has a bunch of other stuff.

Seriously, how absurd is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.