January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malcom as a link is encouraging. Hopefully it's not made up, not just because it's a guy I think is a pretty good player, but because we are focused on a RW.

Personally, I would play Bernard there and see how we do, but Richy up top with Bernard left and a new RW, with Lookman and Walcott as backups would be better. But Malcom would be good.

Frankly, if we like Malcom better than Lookman, the only issue is home grown concerns. Sell one, buy the other. Not the cheapest way to do business, but put a sell on clause on the Lookman deal and move on.

Be intersting to see, wouldn’t be as confident as you, but would be interesting to see how would do in that division.

Think any of the bigger names in the championship or teams eying promotion would be all over him if he was available on loan.

Just like they were for Holgate and Dowell.

In answer to this question - because by being good at evaluating players like that is the way you spend money cleverly. Otherwise you're stuck with paying £30m+ for average 'premier league proven' players. Or £50m+ for anyone even remotely good. Or £45m for okay players (Gylfi).

An attitude leading to writing off a 20 year old due to 'failing in the league' playing for one of the worst attacking sides the league has ever seen, or a 21 year old due to not breaking into a *Barcelona* team, is how you miss out on every clever purchase ever.

Edit: not saying I am good at evaluating those types of players (I'm not). But any DoF/chief scout who isn't should be fired.

Good post mate. The truth is that you can get great value buying lads who haven't quite worked out. You could also say this is an active part of Brands' strategy.

I'm not arsed in the slightest if we make signings in Jan as I don't reckon it makes a difference

That said if we do sign someone and it's anything other than a #9, we are MAD

The Werner links are just silly. He is heavily linked to Liverpool, already knows Klopp and has Keita having recently joined from the Bundesliga also. They are top of the pile in the league, still in the CL and when presented with that or ourselves, logically what will he choose?

Unless we are offering stupid cash - which hasn't served us well to date - this link has zero roots in reality.

How does he already know Klopp?

we should sign werner before another club does.
I think we, as diehard Everton fans, tend to view things through blue-tinted spectacles.We think every player dreams of playing for Everton However, if we take the glasses off, relevant considerations are revealed eg why would a player want to come here when a much bigger club is pursuing him?
Further, Everton struggles to piece together 3 passes in an opposition half...good players don't see that as a good thing.

Lo siento for not being clear.

I refer to the fact that there seems to be a desire to trim the roster and that may be a more of a barrier to new signings than availability of funds this January.

Currently we have a 25 man squad, im not sure we can really afford much more roster chopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.