January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but football has moved on a hell of a lot from Kendall in the 80's (lest we forget he was close to the sack a year or two before our glory period) and Moyes in the 00s (wouldn't have got to 12 years in charge based on the 03/04 season if it had happened now). If you're not an instant success, you aren't doing a good job and should be booted for someone else, who should then be booted for someone else and so on

Are you saying football has moved on from a team that was World Team of the Year in 1985? That we can't learn anything from that blueprint?

Moyes had some really good sides and made some really good signings...it would have been interesting to see what he could have achieved with the £££.

We can’t be getting rid of Silva yet, that would be ridiculous. He needs more time and more money, I think if he doesn’t get the money and I mean seriousl money, then he won’t last that long.

As Brands will be forced to buy young players and if they eventually come good, another manger will get the Benefit, a bit like Poch at Spurs., not saying Poch isn’t a great manager just all those young players all started to shine at a similar time.

Look at Klopp, he inherited a better squad than Silva has and finished 8th in his 1st season, I’m sure Rodgers was 7th the year before, I know they got to 2 cup finals. But Liverpool fans could see progress,
Over the last 2 seasons they have been competing for 4th, this year they are looking good fir the title but it’s took them to spend fortunes on a goal keeper and centre back. Also they have spent 100mil on 2 midfielders who haven’t hit the ground running yet. Salah has turned out better than anyone could imagine and a couple of younger players have come in and looked very good.

It was always going to take time and like I mentioned at the start with out money we will need even more patience and a minor miracle.

Are you saying football has moved on from a team that was World Team of the Year in 1985? That we can't learn anything from that blueprint?

Moyes had some really good sides and made some really good signings...it would have been interesting to see what he could have achieved with the £££.

Yes football has moved on significantly, the 85 team are from a time period when football was affordable, managers got longevity, every game was played at a reasonable time and the Internet didn't exist. That blueprint wouldn't pass for much these days

Yes football has moved on significantly, the 85 team are from a time period when football was affordable, managers got longevity, every game was played at a reasonable time and the Internet didn't exist. That blueprint wouldn't pass for much these days

Ok...in your little world when would you like football to start?

Give us a date....

We can’t be getting rid of Silva yet, that would be ridiculous. He needs more time and more money, I think if he doesn’t get the money and I mean seriousl money, then he won’t last that long.

As Brands will be forced to buy young players and if they eventually come good, another manger will get the Benefit, a bit like Poch at Spurs., not saying Poch isn’t a great manager just all those young players all started to shine at a similar time.

Look at Klopp, he inherited a better squad than Silva has and finished 8th in his 1st season, I’m sure Rodgers was 7th the year before, I know they got to 2 cup finals. But Liverpool fans could see progress,
Over the last 2 seasons they have been competing for 4th, this year they are looking good fir the title but it’s took them to spend fortunes on a goal keeper and centre back. Also they have spent 100mil on 2 midfielders who haven’t hit the ground running yet. Salah has turned out better than anyone could imagine and a couple of younger players have come in and looked very good.

It was always going to take time and like I mentioned at the start with out money we will need even more patience and a minor miracle.
That was meant to go in the Silva Thread

You said we couldn't take a blueprint off them and that footie had moved on.....that's dismissing them in my book :oops:

Because this isn't Back to the Future, what worked in the 80's doesn't apply to the game in what's days away from being 2019. That's not taking away from our greatest team it's just basic fact, the game is a lot faster paced than it was back then

I agree in theory we need to build but Klippity klopp was always better than Silva if we are honest.

500m spent and do we have one centre-forward that's up to standard?

Well we had 1 but we sold him.

nit spend.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.