January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see Palace selling benteke on January and they in a relegation battle..
Not really, I can see Giroud ending up there on loan for 6 month to get back in the French Squad for the World Cup. He'll score more than Benteke for them.

Benteke has been misfiring this season (though had a good game yesterday), Hodgson might want to cash in to spend it elsewhere on the pitch

Van Aanholt? Absolutely not.

Benteke? Has a good record up until this season, but he’s been dire by all accounts. Part of his contract would have to be that he’s not allowed to take penalties. I’d prefer others ahead of him.

its either them or West Ham. Both he'd get a game for every week, both would set up to get the ball to him as often as possible to make him look better.

Where else would he go on loan without moving out of London? Stoke perhaps?

Watford, Brighton, Bournemouth, Southampton?

The Palace player you are most likely to end up with is Van Arnholt. BFS likes him and got the best out of him at S'land and Palace. Currently sulking behind Sclupp in our squad.
Bad apple, good riddance.

I agree mate. There's no doubt his attitude is a bit questionable, but at successive clubs Allardyce has got him right. Unfortunately you have to work with footballers who have certain drawbacks.

I actually think Schlupp who Allardyce bought and Wash brought through at Leicester was a possibility, but looks like he's Hodgson's first choice.

The reality is, if you are looking for lads who have PL experience and have shown themselves to be decent options in the league they are going to be very hard to get out of clubs. No side is going to want to strengthen their rivals in this window, and few sides are going to be willing to let lads go who are in their first team plans. I can see no chance of Zaha, and frankly the figures you would want would mean it would be an awful signing, much akin to Sigurdsson. Benteke may happen, it depends on what Parish has offered Hodgson to spend. If he can get around what you paid for him and has identified a replacement and another couple of areas that could be strengthened with the money this may be a goer. I thought you looked as threatening without him.

PVA makes a lot of sense all ways round though. I can see the player wanting it, I can see Everton happy to pay around what you paid (around 15 million) and I can see Palace quite happy to let a lad go who's not first choice for a decent figure.

But if we were selling Kenny we wouldn't be flogging him for 40m would we and the only difference between Kenny and Chilwell is Chilwell has played about 35 more first team games.

He's constantly out of positon, is never aware of what's behind him or where others are so gets caught out loads of times @Eggs mentioned it loads during the world cup becsuse it was blatantly happening every game and I've seen the same type of performances for Leicester.

Only cos he's English and young doesn't mean you spunk 40m big ones. There must be better out there for around the 12-15m mark, we simply won't have the money to be spending 40m on full backs imo

The point I was making (or attempting to at least!) was that Sessegnon + Martin + Tierney + Chilwell were all very good ages to come in considering that baines was 2 years older than Chilwell (as an example) when he joined...

So, effectively Chilwell (and the others) have 2 seasons of development to go before they were at the level baines was at when he joined.

My choice would be Sessegnon, if not then Chilwell (from these 4)...Martin looks 'ace' in Spain but we don't know if he'd adapt + Tierney plays in Scotland so, again we don't know if hed be good.

Leicester will be unlikely to sell Chilwell....you;ve stated "if we were selling Kenny we wouldn't be flogging him for 40mil would we". The fact is that if he wanted to stay then he's not going to be sold which I assume would be the same with Chilwell and as such it would potentially take a huge offer.

I'd be devastated if we get him, every time I've seen him he's looked half asleep. A couple of his performances at Sunderland were disgraceful.

Which left back do you fancy?

Leon Bailey with 2 more goals today for Leverkusen. We don't need him given we have Henry and Lookman now but he'd have been my choice last January.

Status
Not open for further replies.