January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because our attack building players are out left covering Martina. Bollassie and Siggy are both instructed to back Martina up when we are defending, when we look to break quickly all our options are either on the right, Lennon and JJK, or a long hoof up to half way to DCL.

Watch the game today, when we look to break quickly it will go long to Cenk or wide right to Lennon. We have no other options.

If i'm wrong, i expect a thrashing on here tomorrow.

Anybody watching yesterdays debacle and think we still don't need a left back?

I think you should keep bringing it up mate. They are clearly taking notice of us all.

Mate, i'm beyond hope anymore.

I'am just a humble fan, but even i can see the balance of the whole team is garbage, whilst we continue with HIM, at left back.

We spent £45M in the summer on a playmaking No10, and we are using him to cover HIM, in every game we play.

I said yesterday that when we defend the left hand side 3 of our players are there covering.

On the 6th minute yesterday, their attack down the left broke down and in the camera shot where, HIM, Gylfi and Rooney, all defending against Spurs's right back.

Our 2 best playmaker's, out of position, when we could be trying to force a quick counter attack.

If i can predict what will happen in games, what do people think the opposition managers can see?

Teams are targeting our left hand side because they know, whilst we put 3 out there to cover any attacks, we are men down in other area's of the pitch, so restricting our counter attack threat.

The club need to address this situation as a matter of urgency.

Forget more midfielders, forget more strikers or wingers.

WE NEED A LEFT BACK.

Would prefer to see the likes of klassen sandro and vlassen/lookman be given a chance to stake a claim in the team going forward.

Crazy to sign these players and have managers play the older ones over them and claim they haven't adapted to the league.

Sam cannot afford to risk giving these players a chance whilst we continue to ignore the need for a left back.

Can you see Klassen or Vlasic or Lookman being asked to cover Martina everytime we face an attack down our left?

He is picking experienced players and asking them to cover our leftback as a priority over utilising them in their best position.

Until we get a left back, with a left foot, who can be relied upon to defend properly, Klassen, Vlasic, Lookman and the rest will not be risked.

You will never buy a player over the age of 25 if your primary concern is about resale value mate

I wouldn't pay big money for a player over 25 until we are in a position where peak aged players from top clubs would want to join us. So yes I'd obviously sign Hazard for £50m but he wouldn't sign for us.

Much better to be signing the next Hazard at 22 for £50m then the current Gylfi for that fee.

An outsider could deem Walsh to be someone who advertisers travel bags for the over 60's (set in various european locations and airports) as hes snapped trying to look all official and important ...
Thats all hes fit for ..:rolleyes:

Love that Siggy is getting a pass whilst Martina gets all the abuse.

This being the best example:

Mate, i'm beyond hope anymore.

I'am just a humble fan, but even i can see the balance of the whole team is garbage, whilst we continue with HIM, at left back.

We spent £45M in the summer on a playmaking No10, and we are using him to cover HIM, in every game we play.

I said yesterday that when we defend the left hand side 3 of our players are there covering.

On the 6th minute yesterday, their attack down the left broke down and in the camera shot where, HIM, Gylfi and Rooney, all defending against Spurs's right back.

Our 2 best playmaker's, out of position, when we could be trying to force a quick counter attack.

If i can predict what will happen in games, what do people think the opposition managers can see?

Teams are targeting our left hand side because they know, whilst we put 3 out there to cover any attacks, we are men down in other area's of the pitch, so restricting our counter attack threat.

The club need to address this situation as a matter of urgency.

Forget more midfielders, forget more strikers or wingers.

WE NEED A LEFT BACK.

We do need a left back. But we also need out LM to stop the ball to Aurier being so easy. Siggy didn't track the run or read the game and that left Martina with a decision to make. Come and try and stop the cross, abandoning the front post, or staying and hoping to clear the ball.
All because of Siggy.
Does that mean Siggy is crap? Of course not. Is Martina suited at LB. Of course not.
But every goal isn't Martina's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.