2023/24 James Tarkowski

He messed up. He's far from the problem in this current team.
Yep, this is what happens in a team that can't score and has such small margins to win - all the time.

You just know he feels that he has be 100% perfect, all the time for us to win or draw. That wears on anyone, having to be perfect

He made a bad, unnecessary challenge. In better teams, his teammates would pick up the slack and make up for his mistake.

Our players, unfortunately, are wholly uncapable of that

Not his best day but no player can be 100% all the time.
On the other hand, the pen situation was also well done by Garnacho. That's really what we are missing in our squad, wingers who can go into 1vs1 vs defenders and speed up, turn agile and cause trouble in the box. Especially if you play players like Evans, who are not the fastest and most agile defenders around here. Of course, we can not afford someone of Garnacho's ability, but McNeil and Harrison are far from that profile.

It's gonna sound a bit mad this, but he's gone up even more in my estimations following that story about Dyche in Portugal.

You'd imagine that having worked with Dyche as long as he has they'd be pally (and they probably are) but if the story is accurate that he was the one who confronted Dyche in the moment of the incident then that speaks to the fella's leadership & stewardship of the other players. Very much comes across as a dad-like figure in the squad.

It's gonna sound a bit mad this, but he's gone up even more in my estimations following that story about Dyche in Portugal.

You'd imagine that having worked with Dyche as long as he has they'd be pally (and they probably are) but if the story is accurate that he was the one who confronted Dyche in the moment of the incident then that speaks to the fella's leadership & stewardship of the other players. Very much comes across as a dad-like figure in the squad.

Seems he's the adult in the room.

Not the problem. Been brilliant for most of the season.

Off day, but still one that I’d want in the trenches with me.

If there’s any chance of us surviving a lot will depend on him. Dyche hasn’t a clue.
I agree with most of that, our results would be a lot poorer without him in the team. Not sure about your opinion of Dyche.

Over rated is a decent defender nothing better or worse is an improvement but we still need to be looking for more
Can't think of many better defenders in the whole league. Anyone who plays for one of the top teams will automatically be considered as it's the popular thing to do but I reckon he's in the top 10 centre backs in the league.

Surprised he doesn't get more plaudits and even England call ups but that being said not a fancy ball playing cb proper old fashioned brute dying breed