2022/23 James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing what vocal leadership can do for a team, the vocal players have to be central. We now have two at once. They might not be the fastest, the tallest but they have both large footballing I.Qs, they can read the game.

It's one thing that seemed to really be going out of football these days, I watch quiet a few youth games and it's rare to see a vocal young lad/Lassie, other players can seem to take direction or don't like being shouted at. It's usually left to some motermouth coach on the sideline who controls his little robots. I really like Tarkowski I can see now how Burnley stayed up as long as they did with him and Mee playing.

Not sure, Holgate probably best of the defenders the couple of matches before, be interesting when they all fit sure he not going to have 4 defenders on bench, couple shipped out in January maybe

I think if he was fit we might not have even gone with a back 4. It seems like a casualty of the injury situation. I don’t like injuries but I do like this formation.

We also can’t/won’t shift any since he likes to use a back 3 often. We need 5-6 for that.

Got punched in the face off the ball from a corner , how he kept his cool after that I will never know, fantastic performance from him.

Not sure, Holgate probably best of the defenders the couple of matches before, be interesting when they all fit sure he not going to have 4 defenders on bench, couple shipped out in January maybe
My gut instinct told me Keane was gonna be moved on before three injuries to CB's happened, If Holgate, Godfrey come back by the break and we're sticking with a back 4, can see Mina being loaned out for his last half year of his contract and us letting it be known we'd consider permanent offers for Keane (with two and a half years left can see us loaning him too tbh) he's at an age where a decent half season loan you'd get buyers in the summer - maybe a buyer in Jan tbh also.

Right now the obvious first choice are Coadey and Tarkowski with Holgate and Godfrey both clearly liked by Lampard, Braithwaite to come bdvk off loan next year too which basically gives us the 5 we'd need in the system.

Reckon we'll try to sell Keane to effectively pay to make Coadey a permanent move

I think if he was fit we might not have even gone with a back 4. It seems like a casualty of the injury situation. I don’t like injuries but I do like this formation.

We also can’t/won’t shift any since he likes to use a back 3 often. We need 5-6 for that.
Hard to say as it's hindsight now as we have switched.

Did the cbs injuries force the move to a back 4, or was the plan all along to move to it - the recruitment of so many quality CMs suggest it was.

Think the injuries maybe made the move to a 4-3-3 happen quicker than we would have, but think it was the plan to switch all along.

Hard to say as it's hindsight now as we have switched.

Did the cbs injuries force the move to a back 4, or was the plan all along to move to it - the recruitment of so many quality CMs suggest it was.

Think the injuries maybe made the move to a 4-3-3 happen quicker than we would have, but think it was the plan to switch all along.

I think, hope, that was the end game but we’ve also seen how much he relies on a back 5 when against better sides.

I think, hope, that was the end game but we’ve also seen how much he relies on a back 5 when against better sides.
We'll see on Sunday at Arsenal mate - in if we stick with a back four for that and it works I think it's locked in for the season.

Lampard seems very pragmatic (never thought he'd be) the back 4/5 or rather the midfield 2/3 are interlinked questions in many ways.

Feel like he didn't rate the midfield as being able to win their battle so went into the safety net of three CB's, we now by and large have the midfield he wants and it stands out as our best area (in depth too)

I don't think we are lacking anything at cb or cm that Lampard really wanted now, so should really see what the long term idea is going forwards in terms of back 5/4

Status
Not open for further replies.