Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring Tarkowski in.

Watched him for years at Brentford (lived in London so ended up seeing more them than Everton, sadly), but always thought he 'd be comfy at Prem level and he is.

+'s
Strong
Reads game well
Can pass
Great team player.
On a free, won't want mega-wages.
Not 'glamourous' enough for the 'top' clubs.
Would help Keane.
DOesn't miss many games

-'s

Lacks pace, albeit has clearly worked on this since Brentford days
Could score more (even Keane chips in much better on this point).

Get it done... having a stable defence will drasticall improve our patchy midfield becuase we'll have ball players playing to strengths rather than doing a less than 50/50 job of filling in at the back becuase they feel they need to.

Bring Tarkowski in.

Watched him for years at Brentford (lived in London so ended up seeing more them than Everton, sadly), but always thought he 'd be comfy at Prem level and he is.

+'s
Strong
Reads game well
Can pass
Great team player.
On a free, won't want mega-wages.
Not 'glamourous' enough for the 'top' clubs.
Would help Keane.
DOesn't miss many games

-'s

Lacks pace, albeit has clearly worked on this since Brentford days
Could score more (even Keane chips in much better on this point).

Get it done... having a stable defence will drasticall improve our patchy midfield becuase we'll have ball players playing to strengths rather than doing a less than 50/50 job of filling in at the back becuase they feel they need to.
Thought we are getting rid of him?

a lot of people complaining about this ive always thought he was a dirty player who was hard and leaves it on the forward whenever he gets a chance.

Not watched him close enough to say if it’s a good deal or not but aggression channeled correctly is missing from the team and he seems to have that.

Don’t want us paying 90-120k as per villa rumours for this fella. If we can get him on reasonable wages, fine, if that’s what the manager wants. I reckon he’d just be Keane mk2 tho.

….reports that they are ‘leading the race‘ to sign him.

Saw a fair bit that he wants to stay close to where he is, which may be the big pull for us over the barcodes, plus Newcastle are a wierd one atm, players if his age may if smart be looking at them as being only a short term stop gap whilst they transition I to bring able to attract bigger names

Saw a fair bit that he wants to stay close to where he is, which may be the big pull for us over the barcodes, plus Newcastle are a wierd one atm, players if his age may if smart be looking at them as being only a short term stop gap whilst they transition I to bring able to attract bigger names

….this move has to be mainly about money for him. He’s already very wealthy but he’s in a fantastic position to get an incredible deal. Living close to where he is now will only be a factor if there’s little between what’s being offered.

….this move has to be mainly about money for him. He’s already very wealthy but he’s in a fantastic position to get an incredible deal. Living close to where he is now will only be a factor if there’s little between what’s being offered.

Maybe so mate, ultimately if he comes I'll be very happy (I'm hoping that Lampard wanting him at Chelsea has a pull for him as it shows a manager who really rates him)

Maybe so mate, ultimately if he comes I'll be very happy (I'm hoping that Lampard wanting him at Chelsea has a pull for him as it shows a manager who really rates him)

….fingers crossed.

Reports this morning that Chelsea will concentrate on re-building their defence. I wonder what they’ll decide over Levi Colwill who has been on loan at Huddersfield. No idea if we’re interested but he looks very promising if we want potential as well as proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.