Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Centre halves, like keepers, often have a longer career span generally than delicate outfield midfielders and forwards.

Ratcliffe was 32 when he left us. If we got him on a free and got three or four good years then i would be supportive. I presume his wages are not ridiculous.

Good defender, and he’s certainly an improvement on what we have. Plus he’s free so his 90k wages is justified.

Summary from a mate whos a burnley fan;

• On a free is excellent
  • Performances over last 6 months have been immense
  • Great character, got injured but came back for final 2 games not 100% trying to get them out - potentially risking a good move in summer
  • Can play with both feet, not petrified of the ball
  • strong and a proper defender
All that said he is a in a similar unit to what Keane was, defensive and defending foremost. Mate is usualyl quite honest about the burnley players. Wont overhype anyone and accepts most of their squad are pretty average.

If Frank thinks he is good enough then that's good enough for me.

As others have said, he plugs a gap and leaves what little funds we have available to spend elsewhere

Signing a defender from a team that was relegated, coz that makes sense!!!!!!

Not.

Robertson and Maguire both went down with Hull. The whole dont sign players from a relgated team doesnt work. One is one of hte best LB's in world football right now and the other, while having a poor season has proven to be a prem player comfortably.

Every time a player is looked at a relegated team has to be on a case by case basis. Look at our house.

Richarlison - wonderful.
Doucoure - meh for me.

If Tarkowski isn't your cup of tea, that's fair, just base it of him individually and not what his team achieved.

Same goes for a player on the up higher in the table. Is he the driving force or is he being carried a bit?

ALWAYS go case by case rather than the blanket "hes been relegated with X so cant be any good"

Summary from a mate whos a burnley fan;

• On a free is excellent
  • Performances over last 6 months have been immense
  • Great character, got injured but came back for final 2 games not 100% trying to get them out - potentially risking a good move in summer
  • Can play with both feet, not petrified of the ball
  • strong and a proper defender
All that said he is a in a similar unit to what Keane was, defensive and defending foremost. Mate is usualyl quite honest about the burnley players. Wont overhype anyone and accepts most of their squad are pretty average.
I don't believe a Burnley fan would be able to type that.

Status
Not open for further replies.