Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're actively wrong about Iwobi right now.

I'm sure there are plenty, notice I specifically didn't say I was better at it
But im not wrong about Iwobi.

Ive said he was much improved, which is correct, I also said he was complete garbo for 2 and a half years, which is also correct.

I predict he will be the old Iwobi, not the new next season by the way, but thats a prediction and relies solely on guesswork and most of all perception.

Next.

Only fine if we don't intend to set the line higher than our penalty area ever again.

I think we can probably play a little higher than that, but yes.

As we discussed yesterday though, this is not a great squad, so we probably need to think a little like a bottom 6 side trying to survive and make sure we accomplish that objective, rather than do a poor imitation of a top 4 team.

I think we can probably play a little higher than that, but yes.

As we discussed yesterday though, this is not a great squad, so we probably need to think a little like a bottom 6 side trying to survive and make sure we accomplish that objective, rather than do a poor imitation of a top 4 team.
I think the idea that when you're bad you have to aim low is wrong. There is no need for a middle step. When you're bad you can still try to sign good players to make you better. We don't need to build an average side first.

I watch them every so often, and he seems to be a bit more consistent. I mean mainly against us, City or Liverpool. I think he's more consistent than Keane, doesn't seem to have those brain fart games Keane has.

I think he will be a good partner for Keane, as Mee would be. Keane needs a leader next to him, someone who is big and dominant and who is consistent. That seems to sure Keane up (he was always best next to Zouma then Mina).

People will hate it, but a Keane/Tarkowski partnership will probably be fine. A bit Stubbs/Weir but an improvement on what we have had.

Did you think Keane was better next to Zouma rather than Mina due to Zouma having superior leadership?

Everyone else (who also looks like they need organisation/leadership) looks good next to Mina...

I watch them every so often, and he seems to be a bit more consistent. I mean mainly against us, City or Liverpool. I think he's more consistent than Keane, doesn't seem to have those brain fart games Keane has.

I think he will be a good partner for Keane, as Mee would be. Keane needs a leader next to him, someone who is big and dominant and who is consistent. That seems to sure Keane up (he was always best next to Zouma then Mina).

People will hate it, but a Keane/Tarkowski partnership will probably be fine. A bit Stubbs/Weir but an improvement on what we have had.
I might be wrong here but i'm fairly sure City beat Burnley 5-0 literally every season.

I'd get it if people shouted for any of the other Braut's as the next big thing, but Haaland's been a known entity for ages.

Tjaland next big thing for Norway, calling it now.

I think the idea that when you're bad you have to aim low is wrong. There is no need for a middle step. When you're bad you can still try to sign good players to make you better. We don't need to build an average side first.

Yes I think thats fair.
I mean I wouldn't say I'm aiming at average. I would say I am aiming at ensuring we avoid being relegated. That would be the most critical point.~

I'd then say, when you can't spend any money, it becomes very difficult to make the sort of moves you wish too.

So to some extent, my pragmatism on Tarkowski is driven by those 2 threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.