Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, if Lampard really wants him and thinks he gives us what we need then it's a good signing.

Personally I don't really go in for all this 'clearly comes in and makes us a million times better' stuff that people have decided to peddle because on paper it's just blatantly untrue. On grass it might be different though, so i'm happy enough with it. I would really like other signings to be of a different profile though, if we follow this up with Winks etc I'll start to worry.

What would this be defined as though? Surely if they improve the team then it doesn’t really matter their background?

I think he's very good, possibly the best English centre back. The high wages aren't ideal but that's always the way with free transfers especially in his prime

lets try and get the fragile Keane and Mina (both different fragilities but fragile none the less) for real money and then maybe another CB if the right one comes along (any other decent Frees about?). I'm good with this signing - upgrade on all our current CBs when you look at the full course of a season.

Then we'd have 2 CBs on roughly the same wedge as the outgoings but we get paid for those outgoings, freeing up a bit of FFP for Frank and Kevin the Gerbil

It's bad that I don't know who you are referring to

The bloke who turns like a cruise boat, boots the ball in his own net about 7 times a season, jumps with his eyes closed, deteriorates at the first hint of a boo from the crowd, and if he’s not been caught on the ball by an attacker will promptly lash it out the stadium when attempting a pass

What would this be defined as though? Surely if they improve the team then it doesn’t really matter their background?
We need to try to get much better over the medium to long term. Just signing players who marginally improve us in the short term but don’t get us to where we want to be and won’t generate the funds for us to reinvest in players who will is not a good strategy. I feel like everyone was on board with that idea until the season ended and suddenly the players who’d let us down weren’t that bad after all and signing bog standard PL journeymen became a decent plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.