Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd all like to buy young, talented players with high ceilings to transform this club.

But this is Everton.

This is a very sensible signing for me. He's a leader, solid in the air, and most importantly on a free.
It also signals that someone will be leaving, and you can take your pick from that back line (bar Myko) cos they're all absolute cabbages.

Now let's sort this lacklustre midfield.

He’s so overrated on here it’s unreal.

Whoever he goes with, it doesn’t really matter unless we get better protection from midfield. Midfield’s the main issue.
Godfrey isn’t good enough in my opinion. He is small bad in the air his speed is all he has. People rightfully blame Kenny for that Burnley result but the terrible clearance that led to the third goal from Godfrey was school boy stuff.

I'm just very wary of stuff like that to be honest. We heard it all when Williams signed, then Delph etc etc.

Can't argue with that and at the time Williams looked to be what i thought we needed. I never knew his legs had fell right off during the medical !
I have them reservations myself but I hope because the looks like a done deal, them reservations are wrong.

That 4th year isn't gonna look good in 2025 but it is what it is. Hopefully he's took less per annum for the security of another year

Godfrey isn’t good enough in my opinion. He is small bad in the air his speed is all he has. People rightfully blame Kenny for that Burnley result but the terrible clearance that led to the third goal from Godfrey was school boy stuff.

Tend to agree. Pace and aggression are his attributes. Took a while to get his pace back after Covid, and now worrying hamstring injuries are creeping in.

We'd all like to buy young, talented players with high ceilings to transform this club.

But this is Everton.

This is a very sensible signing for me. He's a leader, solid in the air, and most importantly on a free.
It also signals that someone will be leaving, and you can take your pick from that back line (bar Myko) cos they're all absolute cabbages.

Now let's sort this lacklustre midfield.
This. He improves our defence with no transfer fee (I'm aware of other associated costs) but it is less then pinging 20m on a defender to still pay high wages etc.

If it allows us to have more budget to go and buy a real DM to protect the defense, it could be a shrewd bit of business.

If we go into next season still starting allan and doucoure, then it was pointless.

I think the experience will be valuable and we will see an immediate return on production, where having someone young, which would be ideal, is kind of risky. Nice to have a veteran on the pitch, now try to bring in some younger guys l.

For me, if Lampard really wants him and thinks he gives us what we need then it's a good signing.

Personally I don't really go in for all this 'clearly comes in and makes us a million times better' stuff that people have decided to peddle because on paper it's just blatantly untrue. On grass it might be different though, so i'm happy enough with it. I would really like other signings to be of a different profile though, if we follow this up with Winks etc I'll start to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.