2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

But he's travelled to go and have talks with a club in the UAE. He's been training for 4 weeks yet wasn't in the squad on Saturday. So it's very likely that Benitez was just coming up with a convenient story.

I'm not having a go at Benitez, but it's almost certain that he wasn't actually injured if he's signing for another club.

I need to open my eyes? My eyes are open, and they're not so partisan that I think Everton are run in any other way than a stinking pile of amateur crap.
Let me quote Benitez: "For this game, he was a little bit concerned about his muscle".

This does not imply that JR was injured, but that JR himself does not feel ready to play.

On the other hand, both player, club and manager probably knew about this deal and would not take any chances - which is quite reasonable.

If Andros Townsend is a direct replacement for Rodriguez then Townsend would be sat on his arse Twitching and playing X Box. Difference is Townsend want to play for us, Rodriguez doesn't - simple really
Townsed & Gray (1.5million) already combine for the same amount of goals & assists Rodriguez has supplied.
1.5 million, that's about 8 weeks of paying Hamez his wages...

Yeah and we were stupid enough to appoint Benitez as manager, so that's where we are. I am never going to think it's sensible to keep players who a manager clearly will not use. Especially when the player doesn't want to play for the manager either.

There are some things that will never work out in football and Benitez and James Rodriguez is one of them.
Whats with the use of the word "we" .please replace it with"I". you certainly dont speak for me

Once again a comment without any basis. How do you know that"any single one of them would be off at the drop of a hat if a "bigger"club showed interest." I am amazed at the assumptions people without any inside knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes at Everton Football Club decide to be absolute fact

Because it is true of most footballers unless you have an affiliation with the club.

It's just common sense. The sooner people realize that the better. That way its less messy when a player goes. We need to get into a position where that is not the case but even that is hard.

Also what do you mean "once again"? We have never interacted!

James ran plenty. He played in some of our best defensive performances last season and had quality on to go with it.

Could he do it to the intensity Benitez wants? Almost certainly not.

Should we be so desperate to punt a player when we can't strengthen our squad? Absolutely not.
He didn’t run a lot, let’s be honest and he’s not defensive.
He’s off, let’s move on

Why are you linking that nonsense story about a 20m fee when RM literally have to report these things publically, and said it was a free.

Come on Chris lol

Not like Christopher to make lies up to suit an agenda but have the brass neck to call out others for "supposedly" telling fibs is it...

Status
Not open for further replies.