2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 10 finish this season and it's been a successful 1st season for him given his arms have been tied behind his back. The owners will hand him a bonus for that.
59 points. Less than that, he's gone.

Given Benitez’s known agenda against him, probably.
We have seen in this season and last that Ja.es will only play when it suits him and this " injury " is very much in line with what we saw from him last season then I would be inclined to believe the manager in this one
In any event I have seen nothing from James to contradict the manager so it would appear to be what he feels happened as well.

I don't think January can come quickly enough for him
I would not be surprised if a deal is being negotiated to cancel his contract and pay him off.

Number of points is irrelevant. 59 points would have gotten top 8 in each of the five seasons before the last one.

Unless we finish in the bottom third he’s going nowhere.

Said before...it is important. We get the same amount of points as last season, it means that's the points tally we should aim for every season. Anything less after that is going backwards.

Under Moyes we averaged between 55-65 points. So anything above 50 was the aim (hence the running joke of "40 points is the aim" each season goal)

Since him our average is between 45 - 55. And one anomaly in 72 points.

Rafael won't be going anywhere. And he shouldn't for another 2 seasons IMO

Last edited:
The Team James posters are doubling down on their position daily. Tears will flow when he gets his exit.

I'd love him to make a meaningful contribution. Sadly, he doesn't seem too keen.

NOBODY wanted to pay even half of what we pay him.

Not everything needs to be attributed to a perceived agenda the Manager has against him.

If James had an issue with Benitez post-match comment about a muscle problem, he'd have been all over twitch.

True Joey

And we are still no better off.
And no better off with Benitez.
I give anyone over the park a chance - Morrissey - Sheedy -Beardsley - Even Peter Reid's family were reds as he probably was a a kid ........,
It's immaterial RB left them ages ago TBH any Manager would have struggled with the mess that was left by previous so called star Managers plus DOF ....
1\2 a billion spent fgs mzi oh on deadwood.........

If we come 9th he has been better than the waster Carlo turned out to be .......

Time will tell - I will judge him at the end of the season - he has lost one game with an injury ravaged side ..,
Really people questioning his heart? And how would you know... he hasn't even been on the pitch.

Its pretty simple - he's just not as fit as the first 11, he doesn't have the same endurance or the same pace/acceleration and his recovery is slow. I don't see why people have to tear him down. Its not like he's suddenly going to run faster because Benitez tells him to, even if he gives 100% it might not be enough.

He could probably play league cup games, but playing him might also give him false hope that he might be involved. It's as simple as James not fitting Rafael's gameplan. It's unfortunate for James because he deserves to get gametime for a club, any club and now he's sitting around doing nothing. I think they probably should just loan him out and pay his full wages just so he can play.
He played pre season - He was rubbish ........

Status
Not open for further replies.