2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads some of you need to take a chill pill, no one really know why he's not been playing, whether he wants out, Rafael don't want him or there is a bigger issue, no1 even knows what his wage is, people talking garage on here as per usual, in 1 day I've heard he's 120k then 140k now 200k a week.... only in a forum can a player be world class then become a finished slow snail with out even playing a game in a couple of months

I'm happy he's staying

He can see and do things others cant at the club by some distance and a bit of variety in the team or squad is always good

Plus it'll grate on that fat kopite in charge.

Hope he has to play him and plays a blinder. Absolute brass neck on the bloke to try and get rid of our best player just because he has a personal vendetta - and some absolute morons lap up the 'excuses' being leaked.

£200k a week wages stopping us from making signings??? LOLOL. I wasn't born yesterday.

Lads some of you need to take a chill pill, no one really know why he's not been playing, whether he wants out, Rafael don't want him or there is a bigger issue, no1 even knows what his wage is, people talking garage on here as per usual, in 1 day I've heard he's 120k then 140k now 200k a week.... only in a forum can a player be world class then become a finished slow snail with out even playing a game in a couple of months

Tbf the club have done their best to escalate this sitiuation

James hasn't helped himself either like

No one denies he has the ability; the doubt is over his commitment. he is a mercenary and will want to move on even sooner than we want him out.
My belief is that as soon as CA left then James decided he wanted out as well.
I simply don't believe the story being peddled that the club wants him out but he is happy to stay. I do believe however the club would be very appreciative of the savings since it appears that the manager doesn't feel James would fit into his team.

What is telling is that neither Everton nor James could find a club to take him.

You have completely missed my point.

Benitez ( and I don't want him as Everton manager) has the team playing with intensity and discipline.

If any one individual doesn't buy into that ethic I fear that it may affect the collective effort.
Nobody is asking Benitez to make James the central figure to build the team around. Well, I don't think so anyway. Most people, like me, don't even expect him to be a regular starter and will have to settle for being a squad player at best. We even agree that, given the relationship between him and the manager, coupled with the amount of money he is on, it would have been better had he left the club provided we replaced him in the squad.

But, for better or worse he didn't leave and ended the window still our player. Now, there are going to be times, all too frequent I would imagine, that intensity and discipline are not going to be enough. That we need a bit of magic to unlock a stubborn defence or a bit of quality to match the quality of the best teams in the league. It would be absolutely foolish of the club if we were in that position, and we had James available on the bench, if we didn't utilise him just because of some petty nonsense between him and the manager.

"I don't even know who Everton plays with, if you can tell me please..." he said less than 48 hours before Everton face Leeds on Saturday.

Ahead of the tie, Rodriguez was speaking on his Twitch channel. And, in doing so, the midfielder suggested that he is unlikely to be involved against the Saints:

“There is a game on Saturday, but I don’t think I will play.”

On Tuesday, Rodriguez posted a tweet featuring a selfie accompanied by the caption 'Nunca dejes de career', which translates as 'never stop believing' in English (Athletico Madrid interest)

Those are the things that football has. The same thing happened to me. I go to Everton, practically because Ancelotti was there and look, now Carlo is gone.

The 30-year-old has openly admitted that he only signed because of his former manager so, despite the fact that he dresses his kids in Toffees gear, he probably holds no real affection for the club

“It was the coaching team's decision: I respect it, but I don't agree, because I was disrespected. One thing is for [Rueda] to say, 'I'm not taking you because I don't like you as a player'. If that's the case I can shut my mouth and leave.” (Columbia)

Tiredness - James Rodriguez felt "fatigued" after the Sheffield United game and so it was decided not to risk him tonight

I would suggest he's better closing his laptop, having a go as he's obviously talented and he might just impress both the Everton and Columbia manager and get into the team - not hard is it?
So he's never ever said anything like "Everton is a small club" then.

My belief is that as soon as CA left then James decided he wanted out as well.
I simply don't believe the story being peddled that the club wants him out but he is happy to stay. I do believe however the club would be very appreciative of the savings since it appears that the manager doesn't feel James would fit into his team.

What is telling is that neither Everton nor James could find a club to take him.
You may well be correct about James wanting out as soon as Carlo left. At least you acknowledge that it is a belief rather than an absolute fact. I think he certainly would have had concerns when Benitez was appointed manager given the previous relationship at Real Madrid. The player did in fact tweet that he was an Everton player and that he was either happy, content or prepared to see out his contract depending upon which translation you read. I don't speak Spanish so I don't know which is closer. Now you may think he was lying and, again you may be right. But only James knows for certain whether he meant what he said. What we do know is that he has never, as far as I'm aware, actually come out and said that he want's to leave Everton or doesn't want to play for us ever again. But that seems to be the mantra from many on here.

But to actually say that you don't believe that the club wanted him out after Benitez arrived is astonishing. It was in practically every single news outlet that he'd been told that he wasn't part of the managers plans and he needed to find himself another club. Every source we consider reliable was covering the story at the time. It wasn't something peddled by people on here as you suggest.

I'm amazed he's still at the club.

His wages are huge and turned a lot of clubs off him no doubt.

He is never playing for this manager, his work ethic is non existent especially for a manager who replies on team shape, and working hard.

What has he actually done since or before those 5 games in 2014, where everything he hit was a goal.

He's only shown his so called class consistently in the farmer's leagues of Portugal and France, never got those shouts this guy was world class, he flopped at both Real and Bayern, he's the Colombian version of Salvatore Schilacci or Roger Milla and he's dined on those 5 games in Brazil since.

Calling Roger Milla a flash in the pan is a terrible call. 2 African Cup of Nations, 2 ACN top scorer awards, 2 African footballer of the year awards (14 years apart!) and spent most of his career in France and had over a 1 in 2 goalscoring record at both club and country level.

Milla was relatively unknown coming into 1990 purely because of how the world was back then. There were loads of players from that era who were boss who people have never really even heard of who would be global superstars in today's game.

I'm amazed he's still at the club.

His wages are huge and turned a lot of clubs off him no doubt.

He is never playing for this manager, his work ethic is non existent especially for a manager who replies on team shape, and working hard.

What has he actually done since or before those 5 games in 2014, where everything he hit was a goal.

He's only shown his so called class consistently in the farmer's leagues of Portugal and France, never got those shouts this guy was world class, he flopped at both Real and Bayern, he's the Colombian version of Salvatore Schilacci or Roger Milla and he's dined on those 5 games in Brazil since.
And that's you being optimistic is it? lol

Calling Roger Milla a flash in the pan is a terrible call. 2 African Cup of Nations, 2 ACN top scorer awards, 2 African footballer of the year awards (14 years apart!) and spent most of his career in France and had over a 1 in 2 goalscoring record at both club and country level.

Milla was relatively unknown coming into 1990 purely because of how the world was back then. There were loads of players from that era who were boss who people have never really even heard of who would be global superstars in today's game.

He knows absolutely bugger all, apart from the inner workings of Liverpool Football Club, by all accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.