2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just can't see him being central to a RB team. Even if he stays he will be in and out is my guess. If we get a decent offer he is off. I don't like it but came to terms with it, he mainly came for Carlo didn't he

I do think there is something in the Benitez not wanting him rumours as @Sassy Colombian says but I understand why when you consider the system he will be playing i.e HOOFBALL.

Carlo tried it last season and it was horrific as we couldn't get out of own half due to the complete lack of legs in the midfield / out wide. Sadly James is one of those who just doesn't suit that system he's more a possession based player in a team that has 60%+ possession every game

There you go mate, fixed it for you.

But on the flip side how is he supposed to flog them when the previous incumbent put them on off putting wages, not to mention one of them (Tosun) has been crocked twice when the chance to shift him permanently was there

He's also brought in Delph (£80-90k a week), spent huge on Iwobi, was here when Bernard came on £120k a week, brought Gomes in on £100k per week+. Mina possibly the only one of those come close to justifying that wage. Digne has justified his new contract obviously.

He's made lots of mistakes too, and that, combined with the damage he's been left with by Walsh, has all contributed.

We need players and people who have a mentality which is bigger and more ambitious than our current club culture & mentality, to lift us up. IT's great having Big Dunc, Baines and others around the dressing room and Finch Farm, and they are inspiring our young players with the Everton culture, but that culture is not a winning one. We need some ruthless leadership, and keeping James and making the most of his limited games and his presence is the right call, while also adding quality players who can keep playing and running hard.
How do you know it is not a winning one? You can imbue players with a winning attitude, but if they can't be bothered in pulling their tripe out for the team, then nothing will change that. James, unfortunately, falls into that category. I'd rather have the likes of Osman, who worked hard for us every game with his limited ability, than a stroller, which is what James is.
When James goes, the club will move on, and with the correct midfielders, just might be more competitive and win us more games...

@roy vernon I'll be honest mate im not too fussed on what type of football we play providing we are winning games and not just relying on set pieces like at times last season.

Both Ancelotti and Benitez have looked at this squad of players and decided they aint good enough to play open expansive football yet the fanbase think they know better than two of the most decorated managers of all time.

Since Moyes we've played a few different styles and the fans moan regardless:

Martinez- possession based - fans moaned

Koeman - mixture and more pragmatic - fans moaned

Alladyce - hoofball - fans moaned

Silva - expansive football - fans moaned

Carlo - counter attacking without the pace to actually be able to counter attack - fans moaned.

So people are advocating the manager build his entire system, transfer recruitment and tactics
Dont be silly.
Does Pep build his entire system around DeBruyne ?
Kloppe build his entire system around Salah ?
Even Tuchel , does he build his entire system around Kante ?
They are their best players yet good managers can get a team to function with or without them in the side.

Good teams and more specifically good managers dont get shut of their best players.
But you think Benitez is right.

@roy vernon I'll be honest mate im not too fussed on what type of football we play providing we are winning games and not just relying on set pieces like at times last season.

Both Ancelotti and Benitez have looked at this squad of players and decided they aint good enough to play open expansive football yet the fanbase think they know better than two of the most decorated managers of all time.

Carlo - counter attacking without the pace to actually be able to counter attack - fans moaned.
Was all sounding reasonably convincing until you suggested Benítez was one of the “two most decorated managers of all time’!

If you think the fans moaned then, as our luvvie chairman likes to say, ‘watch this space’. If the football is as bad as I think it may be, and we go on a losing streak, which may well happen, Goodison could well be a very toxic place.

On the bright side, we can save a bit of money on signing midfield players. It really won’t matter who plays there, because they will just be watching our defenders leathering the ball over their heads in the direction of DCL.

If you think the fans moaned then, as our luvvie chairman likes to say, ‘watch this space’. If the football is as bad as I think it may be, and we go on a losing streak, which may well happen, Goodison could well be a very toxic place.

On the bright side, we can save a bit of money on signing midfield players. It really won’t matter who plays there, because they will just be watching our defenders leathering the ball over their heads in the direction of DCL.

I think quite a few will be suprised how better we play compared to last season - unlike Carlo Benitez actually coaches his players.

I keep saying it but there is a lot of crying at present over nothing but "he used to manage Liverpool so he's going to be utter crap here lads agent Beneathus init".

I think quite a few will be suprised how better we play compared to last season - unlike Carlo Benitez actually coaches his players.

I keep saying it but there is a lot of crying at present over nothing but "he used to manage Liverpool so he's going to be utter crap here lads agent Beneathus init".
You just replied to a post who is concerned about the way FSW teams play. Nothing to do with the RS, you are the only one obsessed with the RS connection. Most of the people who don't want him here don't want him because he is a dinosaur.

You just replied to a post who is concerned about the way FSW teams play. Nothing to do with the RS, you are the only one obsessed with the RS connection. Most of the people who don't want him here don't want him because he is a dinosaur.

David Moyes is a dinosaur and Graham Potter is the next big thing - now tell me where did West Ham finish last season and where did Potterball FC finish?

David Moyes is a dinosaur and Graham Potter is the next big thing - now tell me where did West Ham finish last season and where did Potterball FC finish?
No idea why you're talking about Moyes and Potter, must be because you recognise that you were chatting wham and wanted a distraction. Back to Benitez though, dinosaur yeah?

I keep saying it but there is a lot of crying at present over nothing but "he used to manage Liverpool so he's going to be utter crap here lads".
Your confidence in Benitez is commendable, but I fear misplaced. I don’t think he’s going to be crap here because he managed Liverpool. I think he’s going to be crap here because he is a dinosaur who proved, at Newcastle and in China, that he is a busted flush.

I’m more and more convinced that he has been brought in to take the stick from the crowd for a season while the board balance the books. I think the boards attitude is, he won’t relegate us, he might get lucky and have a good season but even if he doesn’t, having him as a whipping boy will keep the crowd of our backs. I also think Benitez has come here just for the money, if he is successful it will be a bonus for him, if not he will be sacked and laugh all the way to the bank with his pay off money.

I know you think that anybody who is anti Benitez is part of a cult, but, I am anti Benitez for the reasons I have just stated. His appointment may well tear apart the club that I have supported since the early 60’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.