2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute shambles if Benitez has told him he's not gonna get a fair shake in the team and not in his plans. Benitez said he studied our squad and knows what we need, but that isn't James?!? Baffling.

It's like he's trying to make us worse (shock horror agent fsw!), and proving himself to be the footballing dinosaur that many on here feared he was.

James is absolute levels above the garbage in the squad. I couldn't give a monkeys if he isn't man marking and running back every time a move breaks down - let doucs, gblammo and Allan do that and James worry about unlocking the opposition's defences with a killer through ball or switch of play - the things that no one else in the squad is capable of.

Be the most Everton thing ever, if we don't get to see him at Goodison - royally fecked off.

It’s alright though mate Gray is gonna fill the void. You know that player Leicester got rid of and we bought on the cheap from a crap German team because he was useless for them also.

No it isn't is it. But between them they haven't managed it over the last 2 seasons despite having played 4 times the number of games.
I will watch with interest. Hope you are wrong for the sake of the club, nothing personal, but I will be rooting for them to smash those stats

It’s alright though mate Gray is gonna fill the void. You know that player Leicester got rid of and we bought on the cheap from a crap German team because he was useless for them also.

Agreed mate.

Nothing against Gray and I hope he smashes it for us, but he can't be expected to replace what James can bring, and if Benitez thinks he can or that we don't need James, Its really concerning.

We should be marketing the shabite out if having James, and making him front and centre in everything we do as a club, including him being the focal point of the team and tactics - not binning him off due to his apparent lack of effort (which is a load of rollocks anyway).

JAMES IN DARK OVER EVERTON FUTURE

James Rodriguez
has broken his silence amid increasing speculation surrounding his Everton future.

The Liverpool Echo reported this week that the Colombian playmaker has been told he is not needed at Goodison Park for the coming season.

But Rodriguez, 30, has now taken to his Twitch channel to speak out.

"I don't know what's going to happen, I don't know. I don't know where I'm going to play. You know that in football and in life you don't know anything but all I know is that I've been training hard, preparing well, training for myself and that's it.

"It's complicated, wherever I'm wanted. Someone has to be at a place they're wanted."

But Rodriguez has ruled out a return to Real Madrid, adding: "That is a closed cycle which I won't repeat."

Not being funny but has he been told that?
That’s what Aguirre said a few days ago and he is closed to James so it is reliable source. This is what he said: “They told me about James' situation with Everton. First day of the preseason, Rafael Benitez has a meeting with James Rodríguez in which he tells him the following: 'James I don't count on you, you're not going to play with me', therefore, he is looking for an exit from Everton. He would love to stay, he likes the English league, but if he is not going to play he needs to look for a way out. He wants to play, he is 30 years old, he feels young, he still has desire to play”

Then yesterday on Twitch James said he hope to play for a club where he is wanted.

Last edited:

Agreed mate.

Nothing against Gray and I hope he smashes it for us, but he can't be expected to replace what James can bring, and if Benitez thinks he can or that we don't need James, Its really concerning.

We should be marketing the shabite out if having James, and making him front and centre in everything we do as a club, including him being the focal point of the team and tactics - not binning him off due to his apparent lack of effort (which is a load of rollocks anyway).

So far we've shown ourselves to be very very amateur and out of our depth with marketing & PR...it was clever for a few days when we signed James, not clever that we just didn't make him no.10 for Florida and put him front and centre as you say... but even the fact that we didn't use Tim Howard properly, and have not yet made the most of Cahill, Pienaar in their countries also shows what we're like. The fact we are allowing rumours about James to get out of hand, and nobody at the club is coming out and saying James is ours is enough for me to know he's leaving. What a pile of s**** we are. We just don't know how to play in the big league. We have allowed the Van Dijk foul to get out of hand, without supporting Pickford enough ( let Southgate do that really well ), did not make the most of the opposition to the Super League, no statement or counter argument after UNESCO was lost, and now this James debacle. Even if he stays now, we've missed the opportunity to make him feel like he's ours. He is bigger than Everton in a way, just from sheer popularity, so we can indulge him.
The Premier League, which our leaders have failed to notice, is a mix of PR, showbiz, politics and football, and we have yet to catch on....

That’s what Aguirre a few days ago and he is closed to James so it is reliable source. This is what he said: “They told me about James' situation with Everton. First day of the preseason, Rafael Benitez has a meeting with James Rodríguez in which he tells him the following: 'James I don't count on you, you're not going to play with me', therefore, he is looking for an exit from Everton. He would love to stay, he likes the English league, but if he is not going to play he needs to look for a way out. He wants to play, he is 30 years old, he feels young, he still has desire to play”

Then yesterday on Twitch James said he hope to play for a club where he is wanted.
Okay...thanks for that. They do of course have some history at Madrid. It’s a pity

So far we've shown ourselves to be very very amateur and out of our depth with marketing & PR...it was clever for a few days when we signed James, not clever that we just didn't make him no.10 for Florida and put him front and centre as you say... but even the fact that we didn't use Tim Howard properly, and have not yet made the most of Cahill, Pienaar in their countries also shows what we're like. The fact we are allowing rumours about James to get out of hand, and nobody at the club is coming out and saying James is ours is enough for me to know he's leaving. What a pile of s**** we are. We just don't know how to play in the big league. We have allowed the Van Dijk foul to get out of hand, without supporting Pickford enough ( let Southgate do that really well ), did not make the most of the opposition to the Super League, no statement or counter argument after UNESCO was lost, and now this James debacle. Even if he stays now, we've missed the opportunity to make him feel like he's ours. He is bigger than Everton in a way, just from sheer popularity, so we can indulge him.
The Premier League, which our leaders have failed to notice, is a mix of PR, showbiz, politics and football, and we have yet to catch on....
No player is bigger than the club...

People talking as if he's a 25 goal a season striker who's fit every game and in the prime of his career.

He's 30, out of contract next summer, misses about 15 games a season through injury, too slow to truly grab a game by the scruff of the neck and doesn't get on with the current manager.

Very talented player but he's not even in our top 3 important/valuable players currently (Richarlison, DCL, Digne).

We need players and people who have a mentality which is bigger and more ambitious than our current club culture & mentality, to lift us up. IT's great having Big Dunc, Baines and others around the dressing room and Finch Farm, and they are inspiring our young players with the Everton culture, but that culture is not a winning one. We need some ruthless leadership, and keeping James and making the most of his limited games and his presence is the right call, while also adding quality players who can keep playing and running hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.