2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s engineering a way out while trying to not look bad. Simple as.

A man who can’t function without Ancelotti, who is injury prone and was dropped by his national team after legging it before the end of the season.

I’m not impressed.
I think he is too much of a luxury player for us. He misses too many games. Great when he plays, but doesn’t do it frequently enough for us.

He’s engineering a way out while trying to not look bad. Simple as.

A man who can’t function without Ancelotti, who is injury prone and was dropped by his national team after legging it before the end of the season.

I’m not impressed.

But Groucho, there's been talk from journalists with club links for about 6 weeks now that we've made James available for sale.

So I really don't think this is James suddenly deciding he can't be bothered.

I think he is too much of a luxury player for us. He misses too many games. Great when he plays, but doesn’t do it frequently enough for us.

He contributed 15 goals last season in terms of goals and assists.

That's a hell of a lot to replace for a team that hardly ever scores.

Also, if managed right, you can easily get more games out of him, and not be so reliant on him to be our creative fulcrum - that just means having other options.

No team in this league can afford to carry players with delicate egos who only turn up when they fancy. It's fine in rigged leagues like La Liga where three quality teams fight it out amongst division one standard dross.

He came on a free for a reason. Some people put players on a pedestal because of their ability instead of their guile. Top players have both in abundance. This pretty boy doesn't.

No team in this league can afford to carry players with delicate egos who only turn up when they fancy. It's fine in rigged leagues like La Liga where three quality teams fight it out amongst division one standard dross.

He came on a free for a reason. Some people put players on a pedestal because of their ability instead of their guile. Top players have both in abundance. This pretty boy doesn't.
absolute horse manure, He's head and shoulders the best player this team has had for the past 20 years but because he doesn't play every game and sing Spirit of the Blues people want rid, We always turn on our best players and give the absolute wasters a free pass, It's disgraceful.

I think it's more to do with his workrate of the ball.

Nah. He's a player that wants an arm around him, being told how great he is, to feel loved by the manager.

Rafael isn't like that which I think is why he's said what he's said yesterday.

If Rafael did all of the above, he'd be fine but he won't (it's not his character). Add to the fact the club won't say no to him leaving, he will feel like he's not wanted.

Nothing to do with his quality. It's all personally.

I think he decided that long ago. Hence why he’s for sale.

He clearly not for sale sale like we're actively wanting to get rid and more down to if someone came in, we wouldn't rebuke offers - unlike say bids for Richarlison or DCL (even then we'd sell).

Lumping him in with Delph and Gomes is lazy journalism as both of them don't add anything to the squad.

It really is quite a character trait of us Blues that we turn on players so quickly. 12 months ago nobody could believe we were signing James Rodriguez, too a man people thought he was too good for us and he was coming due to his injury record and Ancelotti. So the injury thing is not new, we all knew about it and now he's being slaughtered for it a year later, crazy.

He contributed 15 goals last season in terms of goals and assists.

That's a hell of a lot to replace for a team that hardly ever scores.

Also, if managed right, you can easily get more games out of him, and not be so reliant on him to be our creative fulcrum - that just means having other options.
I like what he brings to the team, but I don’t think he will stay.

Nah. He's a player that wants an arm around him, being told how great he is, to feel loved by the manager.

Rafael isn't like that which I think is why he's said what he's said yesterday.

If Rafael did all of the above, he'd be fine but he won't (it's not his character). Add to the fact the club won't say no to him leaving, he will feel like he's not wanted.

Nothing to do with his quality. It's all personally.
You can’t tell the rest of the squad to up the tempo and sort out their fitness whilst pandering to a “luxury player”. It’s gotta be all or nothing.

My thought is that, while we should never simply indulge him and his whims, there should be some form of compromise from all parties.

We're a better team with him and we should make inroads to try and retain his services and keep him content, but it shouldn't be to the detriment of the club.

However, I'm sceptical whether Benitez and Rodriguez both we willing to do that. For me, an arm around the shoulder can go a long way!

I think he decided that long ago. Hence why he’s for sale.

I'm refusing to give the club the benefit of the doubt as they've done nothing to earn my trust.

He's a big earner, we can't get other dossers off the books and we know James will be easier to sell.

He's happy to go, but probably equally happy to stay. He'll do whatever Mendes sets up and just give the nod or nay either way at the end.

Everton are a royal mess at the top. Do not let them get away with it. We can't even scrape together £15m for a right-back we've needed since 2018, mate.

that all sounds fine in theory, however, consider;

a. Having James in your team and still finishing mid table

b. Having James in your squad but you can only pick him when he’s not bruised his balls or wants to stay fit for the copa (then doesn’t get selected)

c. Having james in your team and having to cover for his lack of pace - which is stand out snails slow and being completely exposed down whichever flank he plays.

outstanding player with exceptional ability and someone who has so much more ability than the rest of the team, but we have not been able to accommodate him and consistently get results since the start of the season just gone.

after last season, especially our home record and second half of the season no one in the Everton squad should feel safe or be untouchable.

we are finding it difficult to shift any of those players you mention because they are poor players that virtually no one wants to buy and especially on the wages we’re paying them.

Interesting to see West Ham dump their Mavericks and finish in the European positions - albeit non are as good as James but they did it with Jessie Lingz and Craig bloody Dawson.

we have been coving other players lack of football ability with work horses and runners for 20 years.

why is other players weaknesses highlighted as much as James!?!

such an english way of looking at a player, and why we are and have been pants for years.
James has more ability that any player we have had for decades…and fans just look at his not running round like a mad man, its utter crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.