2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love him to bits when he is on song but crying off, seemingly whenever he feels like it is pretty ridiculous. I obviously don't know what goes on behind the scenes but its becoming more and more likely that @davek might actually have been right about something. Maybe the world is about to end :(

A season bedded in under his belt. I'm excited for this lad next year.

This is the thing. If he stays, which I really hope he does, then it's about getting the players in to really compliment him and also take the strain off, and make sure when he's not fit the fall back isn't Gyfli.

But, I'm fuming if he cried it off tonight. First match in front of fans. And was he even on the pitch at the end? Very least he should have been in the ground.

Seems we'll not get anymore from the lad than we are already getting. Like I said some time ago, @davek called it right about James when we bought him. Some have said we need to build the team around him, but you can't do that with someone who is basically playing on a part-time basis.

No, the lunatic
said he had it written into his contract that he could have time off whenever he wanted.

Much as I like him He shouldnt have a guaranteed starting spot next season tbh - he can't keep fit and too easily throws in a sickie.

If we can bring in a Bissouma/Zakaria type CM and someone out wide with pace and end product like Pereira or Bailey then for me James would suit being more a super sub option off the bench.

Had Slomes or Siggurdsson sat out tonight the hounds of hell would be slavering on here.

The thing is, Carlo could have come up with any sort of excuse for him tonight. His calf was acting up again or he felt a little niggle in training. But Carlo came out and said he was fatigued knowing full well what that insinuates and the reaction it would entail. Carlo is a players manager, and even he seems fed up with it all.

Our first game back in front of the fans and James is too tired to play. what a joke

Much as I like him He shouldnt have a guaranteed starting spot next season tbh - he can't keep fit and too easily throws in a sickie.

If we can bring in a Bissouma/Zakaria type CM and someone out wide with pace and end product like Pereira or Bailey then for me James would suit being more a super sub option off the bench.

Had Slomes or Siggurdsson sat out tonight the hounds of hell would be slavering on here.
The point of having James should be that he doesn't have to start every game.

We've got the topping without any substance at the minute.

i just hope that, if we go get those players, we still manage to have James here.

He should have been at the ground tonight IMO, for the lap of appreciation at least and really should have been in the squad unless it is a genuine injury again (but even then, he could have been at the ground).

A plane was at Liverpool airport for him today. Whether that means he’s on his way, popped back to Spain to get over his fatigue I don’t know. Either way I can’t see him staying no matter how good he has been for us in certain games this year you can’t carry players. Parerra from West Brom looks a player.

The thing is, Carlo could have come up with any sort of excuse for him tonight. His calf was acting up again or he felt a little niggle in training. But Carlo came out and said he was fatigued knowing full well what that insinuates and the reaction it would entail. Carlo is a players manager, and even he seems fed up with it all.

Our first game back in front of the fans and James is too tired to play. what a joke
Not surprising the team seems broken.Divas never help.

Status
Not open for further replies.