2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a contrast.

We have one player who can pick a game winning pass at the last seconds just when you want your creative player to do that. James Rodriguez yet again proved to be a top class match winning player.

The fella on the end of it , the 45 million international creative midfielder apparantly can't pick a side. The moment that siggurdson walks away from the game contributing SOMETHING and he fails. Most players bury that chance , siggurdson fails.

That's the size of the gap between the two players , one can win a game and one can throw it away.

We are poorer for it whilst siggurdson is an Everton player. Rodriguez on the other hand is showing why ancelotti wanted him everywhere he has gone.

videotogif_2020.12.06_11.45.31.gif

Phwoar

I think people either go one way or another with James and just feed into the stereotype.

James doesn't sprint, that is 100% truth, but that doesn't me that he doesn't defend.

He presses, badly I must add, in his the opposition half. He also jogs back in defense and helps defend in our half once he is there. He is a smart player and that's why despite his lack of athleticism and stamina, he is among the team leaders in tackles often.

Problem is when the other team are on a counter, he just jogs back so we could be had.

But he does defend

Also

While he will never be Richy in terms of work rate, I believe he will get better.

Keep in mind that he barely played at all last season. Then we had almost no pre season due to covid.

I believe his fitness levels will be better in a normal season after playing a full season and having a proper preseason.

I think people either go one way or another with James and just feed into the stereotype.

James doesn't sprint, that is 100% truth, but that doesn't me that he doesn't defend.

He presses, badly I must add, in his the opposition half. He also jogs back in defense and helps defend in our half once he is there. He is a smart player and that's why despite his lack of athleticism and stamina, he is among the team leaders in tackles often.

Problem is when the other team are on a counter, he just jogs back so we could be had.

But he does defend

I don’t see that has an issue personally, he’s there to win games and he’s the most talented player anyone who supports us would have ever seen.

He’s pyar sex, the other players need to aware of his limitations in defence and be aware. But when we have subpar players it’s how holes appear, because they don’t have the awareness

I don’t see that has an issue personally, he’s there to win games and he’s the most talented player anyone who supports us would have ever seen.

He’s pyar sex, the other players need to aware of his limitations in defence and be aware. But when we have subpar players it’s how holes appear, because they don’t have the awareness

I agree

But I am saying it's a myth that he doesn't defend. He is often in our own half defending. It's the tracking back fast to cover his man that can be criticized but I think that will get better with a proper preseason of conditioning

He'll be in Carlos ear demanding more quality in the squad

He'll have text Isco at half time don't worry.

One thing I noticed yesterday when there was a dead ball on three separate occasions him and Allan were having tactical chats with
each other. After one of them the first thing that happened was James when more left central, Allan played the ball to him and he found Iwobi out if the wing completely open.

There's probably 3 or 4 players he trusts in this team not to mess up a pass.

Sensational footballer. Massive shame certain Blues allow themselves to indulge him because they've been brought up on diet of midfielders like Barry Horne and Lee Carsley and players that fit those profiles. As soon as the team takes a dip certain Blues seek out the players,who to them,won't roll their sleeves up and get stuck in, even though Rodriguez isn't scared to get involved in that side of the game. This team by no means carries him if anything he takes the pressure off others that can barely pass or keep hold of the friggin thing. This thread confirms to me that Evertonians are no longer to be put in the bracket of "Knowledgeable Football fans" unfortunately the club Is followed by a bunch of uncultured, clueless,lunkheads.

14 tackles.

The same as Coleman and Digne. More than every Liverpool player bar Fabinho. Same as Grealish who apparently works harder than any other player in the league.

But he doesn't defend, he's doesn't work for the team, blah blah shut the f' up!

It seems like he's more than aware of his physical limitations so doesn't barge in, or unfortunately can't sprint. He's actually quite clever in his defending at times though I think. Yesterday he won us possession high up the pitch twice by rushing at the defender, then backing off cleverly before nipping in and winning the ball when the other player inevitably panicked. One of those turnovers led to a very dangerous attack. It's the same style of defending that Gomes attempts but fails at miserably. James' speed of thought is on another planet to everyone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.