2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I don’t doubt it’s a problem defensively, I just disagree with the idea that teams now know how to nullify him/us. Unless we change formation I think he’ll be staying on the right coz I don’t see anyone else taking that spot right now.
Oh god no, as if we’ve actually got a competent traditional right winger lol

Watched the Columbia game last night and James was pretty AWOL - his form since that injury Vs the RS is pretty worrying. Everton have no creative spark in the middle - Delph, Sigs and Gomez are content to dither around passing the ball a few yards with no ambition at all - hence my earlier post. Iwobi is not consistent, Bernard is rubbish also so Everton need to get some attacking midfielder in January and less so a striker

teams have studied us and figured us out quite quickly/ we need to mix it up with james instead of plopping him on the right every game even with richarlison back
Need 1 more top player either in the middle or on the right and move James central. Just gives opposition someone else to try and plan against. At the moment you stop James service we lack penetration.

Seen fingers being pointed his way on the socials lately so thought I'd put my $0.02 in. Past 3 games for James were consistent in terms of positioning and tactics as the first 4 but you lose Richy and we have no one pressuring for our useless LCMs making Doucoure (who is already tasked with covering defensively for Coleman and James) cover for the LCM also. You lose Coleman on top of that and Doucoure has even more asked of him. Pull Doucoure around supporting 3 different positions and he can't do his own defensive duties forcing Allan to cover a huge amount of open area in front of our back line.

Carlo did what he thought was best with keeping what was available from the original starting 11 after the RS game which wasn't the answer, then went with a new formation again with the remainder of the pre RS starting 11 but again without key components were dead in the water, final he went back to the original formation with a new mix of player while keeping most of the starting 11 from the first games.

Now that Richy is back it is a bit of a moot point but James should have either been moved centrally or dropped to balance the team more. Regardless Gomes and Gylfi should not be played without Richy and while James is on the wing.

Watched the Columbia game last night and James was pretty AWOL - his form since that injury Vs the RS is pretty worrying. Everton have no creative spark in the middle - Delph, Sigs and Gomez are content to dither around passing the ball a few yards with no ambition at all - hence my earlier post. Iwobi is not consistent, Bernard is rubbish also so Everton need to get some attacking midfielder in January and less so a striker
Playing again tonight. 0-4 down to Ecuador. Still in 1st half:(.

Theyre 5 down.. yet keep him on the pitch when they know he's not 100%. Senseless
Positive is he'll be back tucked up in bed this time tomorrow. Him and Mina will be on a flight back tomorrow our time, maybe even in the early hours (it's only 6pm in Ecuador right now).

Rested up on Thursday and back in training on Friday and light session Saturday, down to Fulham later that day.

An extra day in these instances can make all the difference.

Positive is he'll be back tucked up in bed this time tomorrow. Him and Mina will be on a flight back tomorrow our time, maybe even in the early hours (it's only 6pm in Ecuador right now).

Rested up on Thursday and back in training on Friday and light session Saturday, down to Fulham later that day.

An extra day in these instances can make all the difference.
The last person Everton need right now at CB is Mina - I would rather have my missus in defence

Status
Not open for further replies.