2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its even funnier that @davek spent all morning claiming he was faking injury and was sitting at home in Columbia cos he didn't fancy it.

If you rephrase what @davek was saying a little bit, it doesn't look nearly as sinister.

Suppose that James wanted to play for Carlo in part because he knows Carlo isn't going to chance him when partially fit. They both know from experience that doing that is likely to lead to more serious injuries, and therefore James and the club are both made better off if James sits or goes to the bench to be subbed on late when he has a knock.

Not all managers would be that understanding. They let short-term self-interest get in the way, or think that this particular player can/should be managed differently.

If you rephrase what @davek was saying a little bit, it doesn't look nearly as sinister.

Suppose that James wanted to play for Carlo in part because he knows Carlo isn't going to chance him when partially fit. They both know from experience that doing that is likely to lead to more serious injuries, and therefore James and the club are both made better off if James sits or goes to the bench to be subbed on late when he has a knock.

Not all managers would be that understanding. They let short-term self-interest get in the way, or think that this particular player can/should be managed differently.
Yes. that's exactly what I was saying.

The only caution I gave against that tactic was that I hoped it wouldn't be a on a regular basis and it disrupts our season because of it.

I just played this recording to my missus who normally knows absolutely sweet FA about football. But, like most other Brits, she is totally pissed off with all the fervour surrounding VVD over the past week so she has some understanding of this particular news story.

The first thing she asked was who's the knob asking the questions. I said he was a sports reporter who sometimes get's the inside line on Everton matters, but that he also supports Liverpool. Well he's just called your manager a liar she said. Why do you let reporters who support that lot into your press conferences anyway?

Why indeed.

Thanks @maccavennie. I have noticed that we can count on you for such things. But I was wondering, did the chanting also included "just like a prayer"? lol

I included the following Madonna songs for us Sassy

Papa Don't preach (as we call Ancelotti Papa Carlo)
Like a Virgil - her all time classic
Borderline - in honour of our borderline offside decision last week
Material Girl - for Firminho
Crazy for you - due to Klopp being slightly unhinged
True Blue - for all us Evertonians

Like a prayer - 347 times in honour of James

It was quite the medley and the only reason I stopped was because the police were called to my address 3 times through the night

Status
Not open for further replies.