2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find themselves having to correct their mindset a little when watching James?

I think I have got used to watching lazy players who cannot turn it on when they need to.

Because of that, I find myself seeing James perhaps strolling around and thinking "come on lad, get moving" and then having to correct myself by saying "that's not his game, he could have a lilo out for 80 mins and then get up and kill them in the final 10".

Brilliant. The amount of work he puts in followed up with class creative passing is a joy.....

I just love the little 2 yard move he does once he's passed it, that is what just gives him that extra half a second of time he needs.

Also fitness wise, you'd think he'd be blowing out of his arse last night yet he was the one who just didn't give the ball away. The look he gave Digne on about 85 minutes for hoofing it upfield, he's like "keep the ball on the deck and just give it to me"

He makes the easy look effortless and the difficult simplistic.

James vs. West Ham. He is pure class.

I got a bit teary eyed watching that. Must be getting soft, but watching this wonderful footballer play for my beloved Blues is the epitome of what Pele once called the beautiful game.

They say great players always seem to have more time and he's the perfect example of that, but even when he looks like he's getting closed down he stays calm, doesn't rush and nearly always finds a way out or a telling pass. His passing is sublime. Has he misplaced any passes yet? His passing isn't just accurate though. He makes passes that only truly world class players can see. His vision and speed of thought are razor sharp. When I watch him play I find myself saying, "Oooh" or just chuckling to myself a lot, which makes a change from shouting, "What the hell was that?" when watching Everton.

I said earlier in this thread, James is not just a world class footballer, he's an elite footballer and Zidane is a fool for letting him go. I think he's going to be a legend for us.

His passing is a joy to watch, even when he switches the play he always seems to play the ball at the perfect pace and slightly in front of the player. Not in a way that is difficult for them to control but just enough that it means they have to take the ball towards the oppositions goal. I don’t know if that’s his ability or being used to playing in teams that keep the pressure on the opposition but it’s a long time since I’ve seen anyone in blue pass the ball like that.

His little dance on the Spirit of the Blues video made me all gooey.

Then I spent 5 minutes watching his West Ham appearance. Amazeballs.

That ball for Richie... Ooh la la!

For me it's the way that even though he's already pulling opposition players all over the park, they're scared to commit to a challenge on him because they know if they get it wrong he just has even more time to pick a killer pass.

His little dance on the Spirit of the Blues video made me all gooey.

Then I spent 5 minutes watching his West Ham appearance. Amazeballs.

The thing that hits me with him, is he could play at this level until he was 35. He clearly looks after himself very well, and plays at walking speed anyway. So if he loses some pace, he doesn't really lose a lot from his game.

This might sound hyperbole, but could be the best player I've seen in an Everton shirt. Just levels ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.