2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's technically brilliant.

Sport is more than technique, but my God, if you've got the technical side of the game mastered - and he has - then any bit of mental fortitude and professionalism will see you in the elite.

Looking back at many of our truly great players, only Southall and Lineker, in my view, were legitimate contenders to be the best player in the world in their position during their time with us. At Euro 2004, Rooney was legitimately the player of the tournament - but he was on the way out by then and we couldn't enjoy it. It was as if we were not worthy. That really killed my fandom for years. I'd say, since then, that only Lukaku has truly excited me. Cahill had the heart of a lion and the best attitude we've ever had in a player. But technically? He made very little go a very long way. His heading technique was world class...as was his attitude and character. Otherwise? Not so much.

James is gifted. I just hope we can keep him fit and healthy and the weather doesn't get him down too much. Temperamental, these exotic creative genius types.
It could well do given his past comments when in Germany.
In a conversation with the Mexican motivational coach Daniel Habif, James talks about the reasons that never really made him feel at home in Germany. “It’s cold there. The Germans are also cold people, even if I was treated fantastically at Bayern. The club loved me very much, but it’s just cold,” the 29-year-old is quoted by the Colombian sports portal “comitrocolor”: “Once I drove to work at 9 o’clock and when I started my car it indicated that it was minus 28 degrees. And I just asked myself: ‘What am I doing here? What am I doing here at minus 28 degrees?”
The mentality of the people was also strange, as the South American explains. “They always only think about their work. They are like machines, that’s crazy,” says James, who also struggled with the German language: “I said to the teacher I had for the first four months: ‘I don’t want to waste my or your time. I don’t want that.’ “
But hopefully the enthusiastic fans (and the Echo falls!) keeps him warm lol

GOT that.

James is making me fall in love with Everton and footy all over again.
A very weird phone call with my dad just now talking about the match.
He just wished he was at Goodison in his seat today watching James.
Best player he’s seen for us in decades he said, but then said I’m refusing to get carried away !!
He absolutely loves the work Allan and Doucoure are doing ‘under the radar’ as well.

When you answer the phone and a man of 69 years of age is singing “Carlo Fantastico” it’s just great to hear. !!

Well, it doesn't get that cold here and people in the city certainly aren't cold. And thinking just about work: ha, what's the employment rate at the moment?

Wait until he tries to learn Scouse!

It was lovely having you, James. Farewell, my sweet prince.

Well, it doesn't get that cold here and people in the city certainly aren't cold. And thinking just about work: ha, what's the employment rate at the moment?

I wouldn’t worry about this, he is playing in a top league, with his favourite manager who trusts him, with teammates who probably trust him, a place where he is going to be the main man, so much of our play will go through him, and obviously all our fans love him. Listening to him when he came, I just got the feeling he hated not playing last season and wanted to enjoy his football again - he is going to love it here.

What more can you say? In the twenty odd years I've watched Everton we've had some very good midfielders in terms of controlling the game and making chances but there was always just that extra bit of class lacking, that lacking bit of technical skill that stopped us from winning a lot of games and this year it looks like we've got it.

It's incredibly exciting. Some of the stuff he does with the ball really does make you stand up and applaud.

Jimmy rodz is a legend. Can’t wait to get back to Goodison. To watch him play his magic togger. Side note Dom is flying this season me bird bought the same outfit he had on the other day on Instagram.

Attachments

• EE417418-8C97-42FC-9FC8-1657574FBC7B.png
    EE417418-8C97-42FC-9FC8-1657574FBC7B.png
    177.5 KB · Views: 171

Status
Not open for further replies.