2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
World Class talent, and people want him gone.

Mental. He oozes class, but he's expected to turn up every week, when half the team don't bother turning up 4 in 5 games.

When we build the team up, he'll be even better. This is the fella who we expected to play 1 in 2 games, and he's played significantly more.

I get it, we're in crisis, but is James REALLY the player we want to focus on?
Who wants him gone?

Honestly I despair at times. Yes he has his issues with fitness and he can go missing at times, but he is quite literally levels above any other player in the squad, in fact above almost everyone i've ever seen in an Everton shirt. It's genuinely staggering that people would rather keep Iwobi and Sigurdsson than him, it makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

I've said all along he won't be here next season. It was obvious to me, as soon as we failed to sort out the squad for a genuine top 6 challenge this season, that he'd only stay one year. I'm sure there are tonnes of clauses and agreements in his contract with us. He'll probably go back to Spain with Sociedad or something. The board shouldn't have bothered getting him if they were only going to do half a job on recruitment. Their fault.
Well he might do better in the Spanish league, although he wasn’t played a great deal, same in Germany, in fact he hasn’t played a great deal over the last two three seasons, was there any other clubs in competition to sign him apart from us. He’s played some good games, some average, and two or three when he was an handicap, Sunday was enough for me, putting his hands up to go off, pitiful to be honest.

Honestly I despair at times. Yes he has his issues with fitness and he can go missing at times, but he is quite literally levels above any other player in the squad, in fact above almost everyone i've ever seen in an Everton shirt. It's genuinely staggering that people would rather keep Iwobi and Sigurdsson than him, it makes my head hurt just thinking about it.
That's the part that annoys me. He's come to the club with probably the best fitness team in Europe and we STILL can't get him fit enough to play anywhere near eve...

oh man, I got so close, SO CLOSE to saying that without it being complete guff lol

World Class talent, and people want him gone.

Mental. He oozes class, but he's expected to turn up every week, when half the team don't bother turning up 4 in 5 games.

When we build the team up, he'll be even better. This is the fella who we expected to play 1 in 2 games, and he's played significantly more.

I get it, we're in crisis, but is James REALLY the player we want to focus on?
I really don't think we are my son.
God bless.

This Fulham result hasn't half put the cat amongst the pigeons here. I'm in the blame the crap players camp, quality can only be quality if the skillset they possess is utilised correctly, sitting deep defending is never going to help James flourish is it.
The manager must take a good portion of the blame, for his team selection, tactics and poor substitutions, he also wasn’t too happy with James wanting to come off after a next to nothing tackle. Praise the manager when he does well, let him know when he hasn’t,same with the players. Against Fulham both the manager and the bulk of the players were at fault, the ones who suffer the most, every single pathetic game like this, are the fans, year after year. but most of us come back for more. If Everton ever get a squad of players as resilient and loyal as us, then we know we will be going places. To be honest I think those days are long gone, for most clubs, most players move around and have very little affinity for the clubs they play for.

FD256695-DD13-470C-A20A-1759359D52C6.jpeg

if we play a five in midfield it's not that difficult to get one of the chaps in the middle to cover for him when we lose possession surely.

We have Doucouré has been tasked but it leaves a huge hole in the middle, not the best tactic ever tbh.
We need Doucoure running through the middle though, if he is just there to clear up after James then it's a waste of a signing imo as it's not getting the best out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.