Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most important point.

We do not have an old squad, quite the opposite.
Our squad needs more top quality experience and the names linked would certainly provide that.
We can at this moment put out an incredibly young team if we choose to do so and that in part has been our problem, too many young players and a lack of leadership from some of the more experienced ones.
Pickford
Kenny
Holgate
Branthwaite
Digne
Davies
Gomes
Richarlison
DCL
Kean
Gordon.

That team would have an average age of under 23.

Plus we'll hopefully be jibbing off the likes of tosun, sigurdsson and Bernard soon

Reports in Spain saying Madrid want a £7.7m fee.

200k Wages could still be an issue though

£7m was what was branded about a month ago, they'll desperately want rid. Ah, still wont believe this just yet, any of the top 6 may want a piece of that and it'll be all over.

I'd just hope given we've got a Director of Football model that there was a bit more forward planning than just 'who is available this Summer'. Most of the top players in the World don't just suddenly become top players, it takes years of hard work. But most of them did tend to star at the younger ages for their International sides. Everton are in a unique position where we could offer such suitable players regular Premier League football to help push their careers to the next level. Many clubs around Europe seem able to do this.

If James comes in and is anything like he was, then great, as you say he'll improve on a team which barely registers a goal or assist outside of the two strikers.
We signed Nkonkou in the last few weeks, Branthwaite in January.
It is possible to do both build for the future and the present.
Brands is with us for about two years now, CA for about nine months. The clubs around Europe that you correctly mention did not develop their team in that kind of timeframe.

We talk about patience to develop players and a team, but really we don't show any...

£7m was what was branded about a month ago, they'll desperately want rid. Ah, still wont believe this just yet, any of the top 6 may want a piece of that and it'll be all over.
Maybe but it seems Ancelotti is the key factor in him wanting to come here (assuming you believe the media).

Maybe but it seems Ancelotti is the key factor in him wanting to come here (assuming you believe the media).

I believe ancelotti is the only factor tbh ha I'm sure there's interest, but things change so quickly in football i won't get too giddy until its done as.

Status
Not open for further replies.