Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
All about the Crescendo

Aye. Again, just an opinion piece really and people will take it as fact.

If there's something to announce, they'll announce it.

Until then it's not 'done'. He could be training with us tomorrow and it might not be officially 'done'. I know you know this, just some don't seem to.

It's the other way around, but there's a video somewhere on the bowels of the internet (or on YouTube) which was put out by Man City. I'm going back years but they used to do weekly behind the scenes vids like we do now - and most clubs do now.

I remember vividly seeing one a few years back that was the week after the deadline day on which we signed Barry, Lukaku and McCarthy.

On the day after (so I assume September 1st or 2nd, 2013), it shows the Man City lads in training. Barry is among them, even though he had already signed for us.

So it works both ways. Sometimes players do stay on and train with their 'old' club for a day or two, and sometimes - and more often the case - players are training on the day of their announcements (unless it's deadline day) or the day before even, with their new team. Obviously that only happens when deals get to the final stages but it wouldn't be surprising if it was the case with James. I definitely think it might be the case with Doucoure. Would not be surprised at all if he trains tomorrow (if there is a session) and Monday.

Just an FYI here is my source:

1599342587604.jpeg

Yeah, I mean, the players he listed though were all cast offs from bigger clubs.

That's not to say they're not good players. Digne is a cast off to an extent and is probably our most consistent perfomer. We all know how good Gomes can be on his day, though the issues he had at Barca did come to the fore last season a bit it seemed (when all the pressure was on him to run our midfield, it has to be said in his defence).

Richarlison is probably the only player that we've bought that fits the model of going for younger players from 'lesser' clubs that we supposedly should strive to.

It's just an opinion piece. Jonathan Wilson writes in a very smug manner. He's got an angle and gone for it. Some of what he says I agree with, the rest I don't. Doesn't mean I don't want James to sign but I'm not gonna get wound up about it mate. Just is what it is.
His big take was we should be targeting young players from the football back water leagues .
Dont you think we've tried that.
Vlasic , Tarashaj and the young Dutch lad Donk ? was it.
Everyone in football knows Carlo is here for "here & now" so he is way off there.

Brands is steadily doing what he does with the likes of Branthwaite & Nkounku which he somehow conveneintly overlooks this.

I can give or take journo's and their opinions , but that was just an attempt at putting the club down.
Very poor journalism .

Wasn't there a rag suggesting Doucoure's announcement would be monday? Allan was today so James in the middle tomorrow?

Crescendo really is a lovely word to spell and to say isn't it.

Yeah the Athletic say Docoure will be confirmed on Monday.

Could be tomorrow...

FFS it's off

Dont think AL is aware of a single thing till anyone else has said it lol

This was a Gem from him lol

Mind you, I remember we signed two players and I knew nothing about it until after their first training session and I was the Press officer

Those 2 players when i asked him who they were and why he didnt know

Carl Tiler and Mitch Ward, Howard just forgot to tell me, I had a strop and sat in Maccies car park for an hour!

I don't understand why a club like us, who can afford it, wouldn't do both. Why would we restrict ourselves to targeting youth from places like Augsburg when we could also attract superstars who hold our manager in the highest esteem? Why not do both? We've already got a young team. We now need proven experience. It's the Iwobi and Gomes signings we need to cut down on - guys who are neither young and up-and-coming nor proven and experienced. Both were glaring failures at their previous clubs and had little to recommend them. Yet, we ploughed on regardless. James may have failed at Madrid, but he was very good at times at Bayern, brilliant at Monaco, and has shone for his national team. We're privileged to get him - assuming we actually do. And if we cannot be excited by this, then let's just accept that Tony Hibbert is our level of allowed fantasy.

Drico.

Would have been a bit of a waste announcing all 3 at the same time tbh so give Allan his own lime light today, then another tomorrow and another Monday whichever order they decide to do it in. Might save James till last with him being the highest profile.

Ok back to tracking planes and taxis then.

Status
Not open for further replies.