Transfer Rumour James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do enjoy people openly admit they don’t watch foreign football then saying all he’s done is one good World Cup.

How are you meant to know that if you don’t watch foreign football?

It’s equally annoying as those who claim to be European and International Football connoisseurs, who have been watching Colombia play Peru and Bolivia for years and never miss a Bayern game - therefore their opinion on Hammeth seemingly carries more weight.

Seriously ... from what I've seen - he had one good tournament in a world cup quite a while back and has graced physio benches since.

And as if we've never learned from this happening to us before - the fanbase is excited?

Please someone explain to me what I've missed.
Of course his fitness is a concern but it is a touch overemphasised. His record of goals and assists during his time at Bayern and Madrid remains impressive.
His greatest problem in recent years has been Zidane’s reluctance to play him, because while he seemingly rates him as a player he doesn’t suit his style.

Simple question on Rodriguez

Is he better than Davies , schniederlin , Benny , Delph , siggurdson?

If the answer is yes then sign him up.

Also don't believe this is anything more than a transfer lazy link

If we have to say his name in the way it is said in the local language/accent Hames instead of James, should we doing the same for players from different parts of the world, eg always saying Seamus in an irish accent, Jordan in a Maccam, Moise in Italiano?
Just checking for in ground etiquette
Thanks

It’s equally annoying as those who claim to be European and International Football connoisseurs, who have been watching Colombia play Peru and Bolivia for years and never miss a Bayern game - therefore their opinion on Hammeth seemingly carries more weight.

No one should judge a player, IMO, unless they've at least watched him a few times. Logical really.

Yes, and he was brilliant in that World Cup, so that would make him a good signing in everyone's eyes. Yeh?

Sign Asamoah Gyan too whilst we're at it!! I'm a big James fan but we'd be stocking up on #10s again with Siggy, Iwobi, potentially Bernard available. Other positions more pressing for me.

Sign Asamoah Gyan too whilst we're at it!! I'm a big James fan but we'd be stocking up on #10s again with Siggy, Iwobi, potentially Bernard available. Other positions more pressing for me.

Sig = Rubbish, should go.
Iwobi = Yes
Bernard = Can play there but primarily is a wing option.

If you've ever watched us bang our heads against a wall vs a low block team you'll understand why someone like James Rodriguez would be useful.

Simple question on Rodriguez

Is he better than Davies , schniederlin , Benny , Delph , siggurdson?

If the answer is yes then sign him up.

Also don't believe this is anything more than a transfer lazy link
There’s fellas on here better than some of those you listed, so that can’t be the only criteria.

Iwobi = Yes

If you've ever watched us bang our heads against a wall vs a low block team you'll understand why someone like James Rodriguez would be useful.

I'd love him. Don't doubt that.

There’s fellas on here better than some of those you listed, so that can’t be the only criteria.
It is when none of them are professional footballers!

It's about improving the team and would Rodriguez do that given who we have currently?

I've not followed his career much so I can't actually pass an opinion on him personally.

Iwobi = Yes

This is exactly the thing we need to solve. It's so frustrating.

We are screaming out for a creative midfielder who can score goals - he definitely fits the bill in that regard. I do think he has been slightly injury prone recently, but from what I've seen at Bayern last year or two and the odd game at Real this season, he's still top class and still only 28.

No one should judge a player, IMO, unless they've at least watched him a few times. Logical really.
Even then,difficult to really come to any meaningful conclusión when they are in a different league with a group of different players and manager.

Seriously ... from what I've seen - he had one good tournament in a world cup quite a while back and has graced physio benches since.

And as if we've never learned from this happening to us before - the fanbase is excited?

Please someone explain to me what I've missed.
Since moving to Madrid in 2014/15 James has 43 goals and 42 assists in 127 league appearances (or .67 per appearance). Some other notable players in that timeframe:

Kevin De Bruyne: 41 goals, 77 assists in 172 games (.69)
Sadio Mane: 76 goals, 28 assists in 177 games (.59)
Eden Hazard: 52 goals (excluding penalties), 37 assists in 184 games (.48)
Bernardo: 42 goals, 28 assists in 190 games (.37)
Tithead Son: 58 goals, 28 assists in 177 games (.49)

If you have injury questions that is totally fair. Age questions I guess are too but I think he's good enough to ignore that part of it. But the "he's inconsistent" or "all hype" or "never did anything after the 2014 World Cup" shouts need to calm down. He's one gifted player.
You've missed that he's been one of the best attacking midfielders in the world since the 2014 World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.