James McClean

Status
Not open for further replies.
He,s on live at 7.45 tonight, Derry city v Shamrock Rovers, its on rte 2 if anyone can get that. There might be a stream knocking about somewhere. I,ll have closer look at him.

Having thought about it i want it to happen now, always rated the lad:<br />
<br />
<br />
-------------------Howard<br />
<br />
<br />
Neville---------Jags-------Distin---Baines<br />
<br />
<br />
--------------Rodwell---Mofro<br />
<br />
<br />
Arteta--------------Cahill---------McCLean<br />
<br />
---------------------Yak<br />
<br />
<br />
If McClean signs you would have to say we're doing well on the transfer front. <br />
<br />
Considering the new financial fair play rules and the fact, we have signed two promising youth international keepers, not to mention Dier in the past three days. Building for the future is the way forward. Although some are never pleased, 3 signings and with McClean hopefully shortly things are looking up IMHO. <br />
<br />
Dithering Dave indeed.
<br />
<br />
Good post neils

Match finished 1-0 to derry city.

Mclean looked like he was trying too hard with a number of scouts in the crowd watching him. I wouldnt say it was one of his better displays. However, he certainly has a lot of attributes to becoming a really good player. He,s big, powerful and fast, he also has a good touch for a big fella. He,s very direct, a bit in the killer kilbane type of mould(dont worry we could knock that out of him), but sometimes doesnt compose himself when in good positions. He had a couple of opportunities to score, he badly sliced one wide and the keeper made a good save from a well struck shot from the other.

Overall he,s a bit of a rough diamond but could certainly develop into a very good player with the right guidance.

Match finished 1-0 to derry city.

Mclean looked like he was trying too hard with a number of scouts in the crowd watching him. I wouldnt say it was one of his better displays. However, he certainly has a lot of attributes to becoming a really good player. He,s big, powerful and fast, he also has a good touch for a big fella. He,s very direct, a bit in the killer kilbane type of mould(dont worry we could knock that out of him), but sometimes doesnt compose himself when in good positions. He had a couple of opportunities to score, he badly sliced one wide and the keeper made a good save from a well struck shot from the other.

Overall he,s a bit of a rough diamond but could certainly develop into a very good player with the right guidance.

Definitely has the potential to become a good player , doesn surprise me teams are having a look .

Has a decent left foot on him , was unlucky with his effort that Mannus saved , scored a peach from a similar position against Galway a few weeks back . Seems to have good engine too he was bombin forward at the death when Derry were breaking and could have been put in more times by his team-mates , prob should have done better with chance at the end with his right foot .

Wouldn be the worst signing , dont think hel be with Derry too much longer either way .

I watched the Derry game to-night.McLean is certainly a player worth watching.More Languid than explosive in style,he has good ball control,works hard for the team and would appear to have the potential to improve if training and playing full time and with better players.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14423770.stm

Derry City have accepted a bid from English Premier League side Sunderland for highly-rated winger James McClean.

The 22-year-old will travel to Sunderland on Monday for a medical.

McClean has been a target for a number of English clubs this summer, with Peterborough United making two offers for the player.

His impressive form has resulted in a first call-up to the Northern Ireland squad for the Euro 2012 qualifier against the Faroe Islands.

He has been excellent for Sunderland so far. For the price they got him for they have got an absolute bargain. Reminds me of a more skillful Seamus if I'm honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.