James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems so far off the pace, can understand finding a forward pass against City is difficult especially when we have no natural width but the pace at which he played slowed any forward momentum time after time.

To be honest, I've never thought he was that good a player and was surprised when I joined the forum to see how highly the majority of people on here rated him. He's not a great passer of the ball and he doesn't chip in with many goals or assists. I know his job is to protect the back 4 but I don't see why he's so highly thought of.

Seems so far off the pace, can understand finding a forward pass against City is difficult especially when we have no natural width but the pace at which he played slowed any forward momentum time after time.

I heard Martinez shout "Quicker Jamie" a few times too.

Started last season slowly as well, hopefully he is just a player who needs to get several miles under his belt before he can perform at his best like he did against United at Goodison.

At least we have options and currently both Barry and Cleverley look sharp.

Barry has been far better than him in the first 3 games, if anyone should lose their place in midfield it should be him.

Offering us nothing what so ever at this moment in time, and we can not afford to have him starting every game hoping he plays into form.

Got to be honest, I think that is the worst I have ever seen him play.

The curse of the new contract strikes again.
How he avoided being subbed to me was astounding his passing his pace his closing down ????
Not there today no creation left us with TC , and RB in a lonesome midfield Barry did his defensive role with pure effort - MaCarthy was so poor today needs to be dropped!

Status
Not open for further replies.