James McCarthy - Signed on deadline day for reported £13m

Status
Not open for further replies.
The principle is exactly the same, at every level in the entire football pyramid. The only difference is the size of the fees involved, but the principle of the owning club maximising the fee returned on their player, due to the timing, desperation of the other club etc etc, is what he's talking about & he's spot on, you've just side tracked the argument.

He's saying we should hold out for £35m despite it being totally unrealistic.

I haven't side tracked the argument at all, it was him who brought up Bale in the first place.

READ THE THREAD MINGE.

*sigh*

It's a completely different situation because Real are a team who are well known for spending vast sums on the most talented and marketable players. Levy knew he could get a huge fee because Real were prepared to pay it.

How many times have Man United paid over £25m for a player ? There's your answer.

Brennan, let it go.

Carrick, £18.5m, 2006
Van Nistelrooy, £19m, 2001
Anderson, £20m, 2007
Van Persie, £24m, 2012
Rooney, £27m, 2004
Veron, £28m, 2001
Ferdinand, £29m, 2002
Berbatov, £30m, 2008

Rooney and Van Persie were bargains. Factor in inflation and there's YOUR answer.

We should hold out for £35m. Will they pay it? Maybe not. Is there any point to selling him for less? ABSOLUTELY not.

Even for his biggest fans, McCarthy for £14m is simply too much money. Horrid signing for the money if true - you're talking about paying a good 80% over the odds.

Exactly - and last year we were pissing ourselves at the RS for signing Allen for 15 million - who is going to score our goals?? Jelavic ? no Kone? - Dear god. Victor? he's off Wake up Bob FFS

Brennan, let it go.

Carrick, £18.5m, 2006
Van Nistelrooy, £19m, 2001
Anderson, £20m, 2007
Van Persie, £24m, 2012
Rooney, £27m, 2004
Veron, £28m, 2001
Ferdinand, £29m, 2002
Berbatov, £30m, 2008

Rooney and Van Persie were bargains. Factor in inflation and there's YOUR answer.

We should hold out for £35m. Will they pay it? Maybe not. Is there any point to selling him for less? ABSOLUTELY not.

Buying players is the point.

Nothing like giving a man a chance lid. Shame as you gave Moyes eleven years of patience like.

He earned it, he made boss signings and won games.

If Bobby does the same he can have my love, spending 14m on McCarthy is not a good bit of business, the lad has some desgree of talent, but hes overpriced, move on, Global market I recall hearing.

I haven't side tracked the argument at all, it was him who brought up Bale in the first place.

READ THE THREAD MINGE.

Good Lord man, you don't even understand what I've written on here.

£35m is more realistic for Felli than £85m is for Bale;

£25m is not enough for us to buy four decent players BECAUSE ITS DEADLINE DAY.

We therefore should not sell UNLESS we get offerred £35m, be that a "realistic price" or not.

You on the other hand seem to want us to bend over for Moyes and say thank you for a few pennies afterwards.

READ THE THREAD MINGE.

It was YOU that initially chucked in an irrelevant name in Ozil - a totally different type of player, who's on £200k per week btw, as the initial comparison - so I'd take your own advice there "minge".

Status
Not open for further replies.