2023/24 James Garner

Both can be true. Dyche has based our set up about being difficult to beat (we have a really good couple of centre backs and a good keeper), being direct (we don't have a lot of creativity to work the ball through midfield and we have two or three big strikers) and being good from set pieces (we have a number of players who are good in the air and at least one player who can deliver a good set piece). We have strengths, definitely, and the manager has worked to emphasise them. We also have glaring weaknesses but, perhaps smartly, the manager has set us up in a way that they aren't exposed too much. I'd maintain that if you want a more aesthetically pleasing style of play whilst also getting results, you need more technical players and pace. In the meantime, like any good pragmatist, the current manager has set us up to get the most out of the squad he has (which, to be clear, does have some clear attributes in it, just not the ones that make sexy football)
Making out dyche walked through the door and looked at the players and said I need to play this way to suit these players.

Funny it’s the same style he used at Burnley for 10yrs and if he got the Brighton job, he’d have Brighton playing the exact same way

Just pointing out to clueless fans like you that a manger who has the same style and tactics for 10yrs ain’t changing at a different club. Stop posting nonsense then I wouldn’t have to reply

You don't need to reply to every single one of them mate. You've gone so far down the rabbit hole that you've almost gone full Matt Le Tissier. It's gone from amusing to borderline concerning. Find something more fulfilling.

I wonder how many times he touched the ball yesterday totally anonymous ? Right wing is not is position to be fair to him ....
He can't play right wing and he can't play full back, we've seen him in those positions enough now to know that. He's a central midfielder. We have got to get a right back and a right-sided midfielder this summer but I'm not optimistic after the offers to Coleman and Young.

Relatively detrimental point when our players are supposedly somewhat better (even now, when they're a bit poop) and those were his players that he wanted and got in his 10 or so years there, yet still played literally the exact same way.
I never watched Burnley, except for when we played them. I do see the 'he played the same way for 10 years' argument quite a lot though. I wonder how often people who say that, actually watched them? Indeed how do they remember how Burnley played in 2013? Amazing memories and a fantastic understanding of the game, or just repeating stuff from elsewhere? Who knows?

Given where they were for the previous 40 years, I'd say he did ok, merely using their previous league standings as a yardstick. Of course Burnley have since had a new manager some may regard as progressive, and they still got relegated. We on the other hand appear to have got a whole lot stronger on the pitch.

Crazy days, but hey let's get back to Garner.

I never watched Burnley, except for when we played them. I do see the 'he played the same way for 10 years' argument quite a lot though. I wonder how often people who say that, actually watched them? Indeed how do they remember how Burnley played in 2013? Amazing memories and a fantastic understanding of the game, or just repeating stuff from elsewhere? Who knows?

Given where they were for the previous 40 years, I'd say he did ok, merely using their previous league standings as a yardstick. Of course Burnley have since had a new manager some may regard as progressive, and they still got relegated. We on the other hand appear to have got a whole lot stronger on the pitch.

Crazy days.
I did watch Burnley occasionally, yes, when they were in the Prem - he got them proper yoyoing the first few seasons. Mostly watched them against us, sometimes in other games, they were never a team setup to do anything other than defend for 90 minutes in the Prem. They also got relegated with him in that period and since 2017 were regularly topping the "least possession of the ball" charts every season together with teams that get relegated. Last few seasons they were 18th for the statistic, where we now reside comfortably. Shocker.

Arsed where they were for the last 40 years to be honest, he also didn't manage them 40 years ago. The same time span we were champions of the world and going strong, what exactly does it matter to the present day? I'll answer as you'll dance around this or just ignore this bit of text - nothing. It means literally nothing.

They have, he has his views of football and tries to implement them to an actual fault, and they played well and got relegated. Same as Sean Dyche's Burnley in his first few seasons, as mentioned already, by the way.

Can't wait to see how much of this post you'll ignore, I've circled back to the same thing on purpose too.

I did watch Burnley occasionally, yes, when they were in the Prem - he got them proper yoyoing the first few seasons. Mostly watched them against us, sometimes in other games, they were never a team setup to do anything other than defend for 90 minutes in the Prem. They also got relegated with him in that period and since 2017 were regularly topping the "least possession of the ball" charts every season together with teams that get relegated. Last few seasons they were 18th for the statistic, where we now reside comfortably. Shocker.

Arsed where they were for the last 40 years to be honest, he also didn't manage them 40 years ago. The same time span we were champions of the world and going strong, what exactly does it matter to the present day? I'll answer as you'll dance around this or just ignore this bit of text - nothing. It means literally nothing.

They have, he has his views of football and tries to implement them to an actual fault, and they played well and got relegated. Same as Sean Dyche's Burnley in his first few seasons, as mentioned already, by the way.

Can't wait to see how much of this post you'll ignore, I've circled back to the same thing on purpose too.
Why would I ignore it? You've made a reasoned response based on your own observations and experiences.

I wouldn't say where they were for the past 40 years means nothing, context is important, he did well to get them back near the top, as has the latest manager tbf.

As stated elsewhere, his 'views' or tactics or whatever I suspect are more to do with where the club is at. They were relegation candidates from Day 1, he set up not to go down, partly successful, partly not. Similarly at Everton, relegation candidates when he arrived. It remains to be seen if he can kick on, with a solid top half team? Indeed will he actually get the chance?

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth, two years running. They were pretty gash, mate.
Only 3 of this team played regularly 2 seasons ago. Pickford, doucoure and DCL,
Myko had been at the club a few months. You can’t say dyche is a much better mananger than Lampard and Rafael, to then say these players are crap,
Look at them under Rafael and Lampard.