2023/24 James Garner

The Dychettes keep blaming the players.

Im curious, how many teams in the bottom half have a GK "worth" 40m, a CB "worth" 80m, a midfielder "worth" 60m and a Striker "worth" 60m.

Palace have a few assets in that bracket, im not sure any of the other teams do.
I think we are unbalanced. Onana is only worth the money based on international performances has done nothing for us. Our main asserts are defensive, we don’t have balance, no pace and guile.

But looking at the other teams. Palace have talent I agree

Brighton have a lot of talent. Mitomina, Ferguson, solly marsh, joao pedro, all 40m plus

Forest squad has a lot of ability and think could do well next season. Callum Hudson odi, elanga and gibs white. Awoniyi, Danilo and murrillo would all fetch big money. They certainly have game changers

Brentford have some serious fire power with wissa, muemba, and toney.

Relegated sides were missing these players.

I'm sure that you are deliberately missing my point so that you can make condescending and pithy remarks. Clearly my point is that if you never get the ball to feet it's difficult to show any quality as a midfielder. You already know this, however, but would rather just say "it's the players". Fair enough, that's up to you.
No mate you mentioned the world class Lionel messi playing in this everton side. Ive just imagined it and its marvellous. Everton are brilliant and score loads of goals and Messi is superb and dictating the play. What point were you making exactly? Put Messi or any world class attacking talent in our side and our tactics and standards improve immeasurably. So instead of you picking out world superstars to make your point why not just stick to the players we do actually have who frankly arent actually very good in the main.

Yep, look at any players thread with the possible exception of Branthwaite. Every single one is full of people saying that player X, Y or Z is rubbish and getting anything out of them is some sort of miraculous achievement. The Onana thread is my favourite, links to Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Arsenal but he's lazy, can't pass, and is generally useless.
Links to blah blah blah. Its bids that matter in the summer and we will see who rates him and for how much then eh?

Im curious, how many teams in the bottom half have a GK "worth" 40m, a CB "worth" 80m, a midfielder "worth" 60m and a Striker "worth" 60m.

Palace have a few assets in that bracket, im not sure any of the other teams do.

Unless Moshiri takes over another football club, no club in their right mind is paying 60 million for Calvert Lewin.

Depends what you mean. I think we have some good players, but we have an incredible lack of technical, creative players as well as having little pace at all in wide areas.

"Blaming the players" for what? They got 48 points this season. That's not blame, that's quite the opposite. I applaud their achievements.

If you mean blame the players for the style of play, then kind of. We have a manager who plays to their strengths. That might be his default, but we won't really know that for sure until there are more creative, quicker players in the squad for him to work with. I can't see that happening any time soon though.

Its a good job I never mentioned the top half of the league then isnt it.
No, I did. You said "The Dychettes keep blaming the players" I stated that I don't think there is any 'blame' but that several players in our squad aren't that good by PL standards. Then in support of my opinion, I asked if many of the squad would get in top half teams?

I think this lad is too conservative and plays well within himself.

Next season I'd like to see him dictate games in the way Barkley did for Luton at times.

I think this lad is too conservative and plays well within himself.

Next season I'd like to see him dictate games in the way Barkley did for Luton at times.
Yeah but apparently under Dyche midfielders arent allowed to demand and get on the ball and must just watch it sail over their heads. If dyche watched someone like Garner demand the ball off the centre halves and dictate the game and start opening up defences do people really believe this wouldnt be used more? I dont see any of our centre mids trying to be that creative driving force to me they seem quite content accepting it going overhead as it absolves them of any blame or responsibility.

Depends what you mean. I think we have some good players, but we have an incredible lack of technical, creative players as well as having little pace at all in wide areas.

"Blaming the players" for what? They got 48 points this season. That's not blame, that's quite the opposite. I applaud their achievements.

If you mean blame the players for the style of play, then kind of. We have a manager who plays to their strengths. That might be his default, but we won't really know that for sure until there are more creative, quicker players in the squad for him to work with. I can't see that happening any time soon though.
You've got it all wrong, Dyche won all 48 points, the players just happened to be there, watching in awe. He won the points despite the players, that's the dominant narrative and you've got to get on the program or you've got something wrong with your brain. Or something.

Yeah but apparently under Dyche midfielders arent allowed to demand and get on the ball and must just watch it sail over their heads. If dyche watched someone like Garner demand the ball off the centre halves and dictate the game and start opening up defences do people really believe this wouldnt be used more? I dont see any of our centre mids trying to be that creative driving force to me they seem quite content accepting it going overhead as it absolves them of any blame or responsibility.
I dont think you necessarily have to play out from the back for a midfielder to get on the ball.

Plenty of times we have the ball in central areas and we do f.a. with it other than give it away.

Garner needs to step up next season. He's been largely ineffective this season. With Gomes leaving and possibly Onana getting sold, he's about the only one left who can get us facing the right direction and drive at the opposition or pick a pass.

So we got 48 points, the players are rubbish, but Dyche isn't a magician? How did we do it then?
We got 48 points in a league with a lot of poor sides if he was a magician wed have been a lot higher surely? We did it with graft rather than craft and by being a decent defensive unit and good at set pieces. That doesnt make the players world beaters just well drilled defensively and good at set pieces.

What striker worth 60m? I don't think you could get over 20m for any of them.

The rest are valuable...and we had one of the best defences in the league.