2023/24 James Garner

It is, but the last five years have been really rough. I don't mind that we're not winning the league, obviously I'd prefer it if we had a chance of winning something but it's not the be all and end all, but I would like to enjoy going to the game/watching the match on telly at least now and again. Is that really too much to ask?!
Taking into account our players, our monetary situation, the fact we seemingly have nobody in charge then yes I think it is a bit much to ask!

Lets face it here, Most of modern football is turgid, played and ran by snides, it's not enjoyable. Any enjoyment comes from moments rather than the game itself.

The Dychettes keep blaming the players.

Im curious, how many teams in the bottom half have a GK "worth" 40m, a CB "worth" 80m, a midfielder "worth" 60m and a Striker "worth" 60m.

Palace have a few assets in that bracket, im not sure any of the other teams do.
I am not sure 'blame' is being attached mate. Some of them just aren't that good by PL standard. Aside from those mentioned above, who else gets a regular game for a top half team? The league table doesn't lie.

I am not sure 'blame' is being attached mate. Some of them just aren't that good by PL standard. Aside from those mentioned above, who else gets a regular game for a top half team? The league table doesn't lie.
Its a good job I never mentioned the top half of the league then isnt it.

Now let's not go saying anything we can't take back.

Beating chelsea and newcastle was a bit of alright. This season has been painful, again, but we're in a state of flux, I pointed out the madness in the squad thread earlier. And it's gonna get even more mad in about two weeks time. 18 outs, 5 ins inc 2 loans. This summer see's more of the same.
It's a skeleton crew for next season (apt for the Mary Celeste) and hope the cut backs allow some financial breathing room to try to rebuild thereafter.
We all have to pray and sacrifice and do rain dances and whatever else that the miniscule squad all stay fit and well and injury free next season or it's big big trouble in little Everton FC.
I think we'll see a lot less outs than Zat thinks, tbh. However, it is likely, given our financial situation, that we go into next season weaker than this. But, as the Dyche hardcore love to point out, we're currently in 11th without the points deduction so I really don't want to hear all the "miracle" stuff again next year. Eventually, we have to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and develop a forward looking attitude, Everton aren't we?

Yep, look at any players thread with the possible exception of Branthwaite. Every single one is full of people saying that player X, Y or Z is rubbish and getting anything out of them is some sort of miraculous achievement. The Onana thread is my favourite, links to Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Arsenal but he's lazy, can't pass, and is generally useless.
Onana isn't lazy at all!

He has hardly set the world alight so far, that's fair enough but it's not to do with effort or anything (except crap penalties).

Taking into account our players, our monetary situation, the fact we seemingly have nobody in charge then yes I think it is a bit much to ask!

Lets face it here, Most of modern football is turgid, played and ran by snides, it's not enjoyable. Any enjoyment comes from moments rather than the game itself.
Honestly, if I could jack in top flight football I would. It's dreadful entertainment, it's totally bent and it's very expensive. Most of the footie I go and see now is non-league, it's much more fun. But Everton are like a chronic illness, I can't seem to shake them off.

The Dychettes keep blaming the players.

Im curious, how many teams in the bottom half have a GK "worth" 40m, a CB "worth" 80m, a midfielder "worth" 60m and a Striker "worth" 60m.

Palace have a few assets in that bracket, im not sure any of the other teams do.
We have had one barely adequate full back for about 3 seasons now and one striker until this season.

It's a squad game and ours is pathetic, our first 11 is probably OK enough.

Honestly, if I could jack in top flight football I would. It's dreadful entertainment, it's totally bent and it's very expensive. Most of the footie I go and see now is non-league, it's much more fun. But Everton are like a chronic illness, I can't seem to shake them off.
No I get it, I much prefer watching Women's footy these days, feels like it means more to them (It's also nice to watch it and not get angry.)

I suppose the key is to adapt to what modern football is. I do think one of our issues over the years is us not realizing what we are in the modern game. We are an also and the only people who give a toss about us is, well, us.

Other than the derby my highlight of the season was Tarkowski kicking the spare ball onto the pitch top stop play. That's how grim of a spectacle it is. I don't think that's on Dyche or anything though, even Ancelotti's football in the second half of his season here was tedious crap.