2023/24 James Garner

Not hard is it?

Media training is part of their training, too.

Bring back the cushions to throw is what I say lol
I would say players get off lightly considering what weve had to put up with for years.

Does booing help? No, but they are ok soaking in the noise when it goes right for them and the ground is rocking.
The crowd always reacts to players/teams performances, its on them to make the ground loud.

This lot should be grateful anyone turns up to watch what we watch on a weekly basis.
Its pure putrid football

Media training doesn't make anyone less human, and human emotions are peaked after a period of adrenaline, they are also pretty young men. Both are human reactions, just that you have chosen a side so you can have a pop at one.

The extensive media training the professionals receive from academy level and long before they turn professional is so they can handle those inevitable situations.

Professional footballers will be constantly assessed and criticised. All they can control is their response.

I said after a match, is that the only time they speak?

No, clearly not. They have social media and constant press events.

When people have time to make rational calm comments they usually do so, when people make comments during a period of stress and exhaustion you maybe shouldn't take it too personally. As for the lazy reply of 'well here you are talking about it', please, head off to a TMZ comments section with that tosh.

The only tosh comments mate is yours, calling me and others paying any attention to manager and player comments as "clowns".

Get off the too cool for school pedestal. You post on an internet forum.

There is a comparison, things don't need to be identical to be compared. Southall had a human reaction out of frustration that reflected poorly on him. Doesn't make him less of an ATG, and doesn't mean his words on the topic don't carry weight, it just means we are all capable of human reactions in moments of stress. The fans were crap from the get go on Monday as were the players, I was there and not exactly leading the songs myself. The points deduction uncertainty is on everyones head and affecting everyone imo and that stress is really manifesting itself, I don't think anything a 22 year lad after a match said in these circumstances needs him dragging over the coals or be used as an excuse by whoppers who for some reason get annoyed when others rate a player.

I disagree.

His comments were unhelpful - you can continue to provide endless excuses and reasons as to why he made them but the point remains - fans criticising players is unhelpful. players criticising fans is unhelpful.

One I understand more than the other - it's not about picking sides.

I rate the player highly as post history will show, I'm just not blinkered.

I had the exact same view towards Calvert-Lewin and as many will likely tell you, I'm probably his biggest advocate on here.

The extensive media training the professionals receive from academy level and long before they turn professional is so they can handle those inevitable situations.

Professional footballers will be constantly assessed and criticised. All they can control is their response.

No, clearly not. They have social media and constant press events.

The only tosh comments mate is yours, calling me and others paying any attention to manager and player comments as "clowns".

Get off the too cool for school pedestal. You post on an internet forum.

I disagree.

His comments were unhelpful - you can continue to provide endless excuses and reasons as to why he made them but the point remains - fans criticising players is unhelpful. players criticising fans is unhelpful.

One I understand more than the other - it's not about picking sides.

I rate the player highly as post history will show, I'm just not blinkered.

I had the exact same view towards Calvert-Lewin and as many will likely tell you, I'm probably his biggest advocate on here.
The biggest weapon on here him

Boos is unhelpful. Players criticising fans is unhelpful.

The two are true.

I understand boos as inevitable part of sport. I understand players who can't respond as they're trained, or constructively to them less.

Again, Dyche constantly talks about a connection with fans and whatever your own opinion, a lot of fans do not want to hear players snarling at them.

He was a goalkeeper mate and the best in the world at what he did. He didn't need a manager at half time to tell him to do anything in that match, and it's not pointing the finger at fans. As is typical in the world, people look for "whataboutery" and as is usually the case, there's no comparison between both incidents.
Dyche talks about connections and whatever hell else but doesn't back it up with his own decisions. If this was ultra super important they'd instruct them to not talk to anyone, assuming we even have a PR department at this point.

Being the best of any position in the world doesn't give him big [Poor language removed] privileges - the same way it doesn't when we laugh at "CR7" and whatnot for cryarsing. A player made a statement that was louder than actually saying anything to the camera.

Also:
“Me personally, [the points deduction situation] plays on my mind. Without the 10-point deduction we would be much higher in the league table so, whenever that comes in, I will be waiting.”

“I can understand the fans’ frustrations but there is so long to go and we need the fans to be supporting us and not booing us,” said Garner. “That is important going forward.

“It is a long season and there are a lot of teams down there fighting, but you could see in the last 20 minutes we are still going until the end and creating chances. I understand the frustration because I am frustrated myself. It is another game that got away from us that we should be looking to win.”

“It is a concern if you are not scoring goals, as goals win games, but it is not just the strikers who we should be relying on to score goals,” said the 22-year-old. “We need to be chipping in from all places. But it is a bit of a concern if we are not putting the ball in the back of the net when we should be.”

He's not said eff the fans at all, no idea where this outrage is even coming from. "Football player is frustrated his team's not winning more" is apparently now news? If you take the single bolded line above - yeah, sure, it's not a good look and you fell for the clickbait. But in context it seems like a normal, albeit slightly emotional, comment from a frustrated player who knows he/the team can and should do better.

I think it is the lad suggesting that the team needs the fans. Last season and the one befire the 12th man did literally drag the team over the line and he is probably asking for a bit more of this. Things are not right but they should be able to rely on us when maybe they need a bit of support and a bit of belief as they'll be feeling as stressed as us.

how many of theses passes were dangerous balls trying to open Palace up? He takes the easy backwards option time and again.
0 by anyone all game, we were hoofing all game, no one tried any passes to open Palace up, that's the issue.

He comes deep to get the ball and has to carry it out, I'm also shocked he doesn't go on Maradona runs every single attack but here we are.

I think it is the lad suggesting that the team needs the fans. Last season and the one befire the 12th man did literally drag the team over the line and he is probably asking for a bit more of this. Things are not right but they should be able to rely on us when maybe they need a bit of support and a bit of belief as they'll be feeling as stressed as us.
I've gathered that he shouldn't have used his words and instead done a silent protest in the middle of the pitch, to not send a rude message to the people slagging him off all game.

0 by anyone all game, we were hoofing all game, no one tried any passes to open Palace up, that's the issue.

He comes deep to get the ball and has to carry it out, I'm also shocked he doesn't go on Maradona runs every single attack but here we are.
In a team seemingly having forgotten the art of attacking play he is generally one of the lads looking for a forward pass.

I'm more than happy to email the players privately to air my criticism of a performance if booing is too much for them to take.

Maybe each player should have their own email address that is public to the fans so we can send emails offering constructive criticism if a boo is a tad harsh on them.

Or maybe just an automated boo email could be sent so the boo is more directed at players who have had a really bad game compared to someone else.