2023/24 James Garner

I think that was just for a loan fee.
Nobody in their right mind would think that JG would be sold for anything like that, double it and see what happens then.

Mate , I like him and think he’s a tidy player that would improve with other actual footballers to play with.

But he’s not a 50m player 30-35 and I would sell him … because he would be one of the few players we could make profit on and try to re invest

Better he said nothing, silly comments with everything going on.

There isn’t much you can level at evertonians regarding support/booing considering the dross we’ve endured for 4-5 seasons.

In the main we turn up and get behind them, we did under Benitez, we did under Lampard and we do under Dyche.

Our fans have every right to kick off when a turgid performance is served up, if that’s means booing then so be it.

I like the lad, and think he’s been one of our better performers this season but there’s a hell of a way to go.

Get your head down and show us something on the pitch.

Agree, silly and unhelpful. Like with Calvert-Lewin's comments after he scored and started talking about one very specific negative incident with fans months prior - just don't. Dyche is forever talking about improving the connection between fans, club and players.

Booing doesn't help and isn't constructive, but understand it. I understand less player comments post match.

Mentality is massive in the game, and you don't want players taking the knock from the smallest bit of fan discontent. You have to accept terrible form and terrible performance at any club will inevitably invite a bit of discontent. He come through the ranks at Man Utd, have you seen how they treat the likes of Harry Maguire?!

As Neville Southall has said, use it as motivation to prove a point. Don't get arsy and call on fans to blow smoke up your arse.

Agree, silly and unhelpful. Like with Calvert-Lewin's comments after he scored and started talking about one very specific incident with fans months prior - just don't. Dyche is forever talking about improving the connection between fans, club and players.

Booing doesn't help and isn't constructive, but understand it. I understand less player comments post match.

Mentality is massive in the game, and you don't want players taking the knock from the smallest bit of fan discontent. You have to accept terrible form and terrible performance at any club will inevitably invite a bit of discontent. He come through the ranks at Man Utd, have you seen how they treat the likes of Harry Maguire?!

As Neville Southall has said, use it as motivation to prove a point. Don't get arsy and call on fans to blow smoke up your arse.
So you understand a human reaction from a fan but not a player, a pretty one sided view.

Anyone streesing about what players or managers say post match is a complete clown.

Southall literally had a hissy fit on the pitch at half time.

So you understand a human reaction from a fan but not a player, a pretty one sided view.

Yes I understand how a section of a football crowd can react in a moment as I've explained in this thread earlier.

I understand less how a professional with media training reacts with ill informed comments after an event post match.

Anyone streesing about what players or managers say post match is a complete clown.

Why bother posting on a forum if anything players or managers say doesn't matter?

Arent you posting here about the comments making you such a clown?

Southall literally had a hissy fit on the pitch at half time.

No comparison.

Pipe down get on with ye job, getting stick as a pro footballer is part and parcel of the game.

Sit in the stands or watch us on the telly for the past 6-7 years, and tell me you wouldn't be thinking what a shower of crap these lot are.

Our/all fans invest their time and hard earned money travelling the length and breadth of the country to watch us play.

Do your job better and we have nothing to throw at ye.

Pipe down get on with ye job, getting stick as a pro footballer is part and parcel of the game.

Sit in the stands or watch us on the telly for the past 6-7 years, and tell me you wouldn't be thinking what a shower of crap these lot are.

Our/all fans invest their time and hard earned money travelling the length and breadth of the country to watch us play.

Do your job better and we have nothing to throw at ye.

Not hard is it?

Media training is part of their training, too.

Bring back the cushions to throw is what I say lol

Yes I understand how a section of a football crowd can react in a moment as I've explained in this thread earlier.

I understand less how a professional with media training reacts with ill informed comments after an event post match.
Dunno, it's how players and people in general have been for ages - small things affect them in that way, sportspeople and media training or not.

It's like that in all sports - Jordan was notoriously always running his mouth, despite the fact he had a media team behind him. These people are 1) people with emotions, not robots, and 2) whether we believe it or not, probably some of the best in the world at their trade. Imagine if you had a very public job and were in the top 10% of people in it in the world and a bunch of dickheads start telling you how to do your job every time they see you, and hurling abuse at you.
No comparison.
Yeah, Southall didn't speak in front of the camera, actions were enough. I'd imagine then that you'd be fine if Garner sat back on the pitch instead of going back for half time and sulked then, and not criticise him for it? After all, Doucoure was definitely not getting pelters for sitting on the ball at all.

I understand less how a professional with media training reacts poorly after an event post match.

Why bother posting on a forum if anything players or managers say doesn't matter?

Arent you posting here about the comments making you such a clown?

No comparison.
Media training doesn't make anyone less human, and human emotions are peaked after a period of adrenaline, they are also pretty young men. Both are human reactions, just that you have chosen a side so you can have a pop at one.

I said after a match, is that the only time they speak? When people have time to make rational calm comments they usually do so, when people make comments during a period of stress and exhaustion you maybe shouldn't take it too personally. As for the lazy reply of 'well here you are talking about it', please, head off to a TMZ comments section with that tosh.

There is a comparison, things don't need to be identical to be compared. Southall had a human reaction out of frustration that reflected poorly on him. Doesn't make him less of an ATG, and doesn't mean his words on the topic don't carry weight, it just means we are all capable of human reactions in moments of stress. The fans were crap from the get go on Monday as were the players, I was there and not exactly leading the songs myself. The points deduction uncertainty is on everyones head and affecting everyone imo and that stress is really manifesting itself, I don't think anything a 22 year lad after a match said in these circumstances needs him dragging over the coals or be used as an excuse by whoppers who for some reason get annoyed when others rate a player.

Dunno, it's how players and people in general have been for ages - small things affect them in that way, sportspeople and media training or not.

It's like that in all sports - Jordan was notoriously always running his mouth, despite the fact he had a media team behind him. These people are 1) people with emotions, not robots, and 2) whether we believe it or not, probably some of the best in the world at their trade. Imagine if you had a very public job and were in the top 10% of people in it in the world and a bunch of dickheads start telling you how to do your job every time they see you, and hurling abuse at you.

Boos is unhelpful. Players criticising fans is unhelpful.

The two are true.

I understand boos as inevitable part of sport. I understand players who can't respond as they're trained, or constructively to them less.

Again, Dyche constantly talks about a connection with fans and whatever your own opinion, a lot of fans do not want to hear players snarling at them.

Yeah, Southall didn't speak in front of the camera, actions were enough. I'd imagine then that you'd be fine if Garner sat back on the pitch instead of going back for half time and sulked then, and not criticise him for it? After all, Doucoure was definitely not getting pelters for sitting on the ball at all.

He was a goalkeeper mate and the best in the world at what he did. He didn't need a manager at half time to tell him to do anything in that match, and it's not pointing the finger at fans. As is typical in the world, people look for "whataboutery" and as is usually the case, there's no comparison between both incidents.

Honestly, it's exhaustion. For them, for us. Supporters have pulled this team through 2 just years of abject performances. The football we play is REALLY negative but...moderately effective. It's hard to be excited when we sit back and make no effort to get forward no matter the team. Players can complain about the booing all they want but it's up to them and Dyche to give SOME sort of excitement to the crowd.

God some don't half overrate this lad.
Think he is a good player will be solid most weeks but wont reach the level of onana. Decent cm for us to get imo, was pron frustrated with his own performance against palace. I have no problem what he said or fans booing is up to the players to bring a performance against brighton