2023/24 James Garner

Thank the gods for Garner this season. Garner was exactly what we need; a reliable 7/10 that is fit every werk and can play in several positions. For £10m was it? Food business that.

I like Onana, but you just know hes not in our long term plans and any decent offer and hes off. You also just know that hes going to be a star when that rich club buys him. Though not sure hes top 4 starter quality yet, but certainly top 4 squad level. As long as he works hard at Everton whilst hes here - and if/when he does go, we get a decent markup then I wont be that heartbroken if it helps the team as a whole. We still need to do business.
Spot on with garner only I don't think he ever falls below a 7/10 and you very often get better than that from him. Harrison on the other hand......

I like this lad, he's a good little player. Nothing fancy just goes about his business, doesn't hide and always puts a shift in. He can also put his foot on the ball and pick a pass so he's an all rounder. We've missed someone composed in the middle for a while, thankfully we have a couple of good young lads in there with experience from Gana.

Midfield is in good shape it just is low in numbers which makes it hard to freshen things up and rest players.

I like him because he's a low-fuss, adaptable player. Unlike Gana or Onana who struggle to play alongside each other, he can slot in easily next to either of them and perform well. He's been asked to play a number of roles this season already and has just got on with it. Would like to see him add more goals to his game by the end of the season though.

He really doesn't

There's honestly just an undertone of stereotyping with Onana now from some of our fans

Garner was good on Saturday but generally he's just very good at being busy. He gets about, puts a shift in. But so does Onana. They just have very different ways of doing it.

I didn't stereotype him, there's no 'undertones' except what your insinuating.

I based my comment on what I see on the pitch, not his skin colour

I didn't stereotype him, there's no 'undertones' except what your insinuating.

I based my comment on what I see on the pitch, not his skin colour
I wasn’t trying to insinuate anything from your post, mate.

I don’t think Onana’s amazing but there’s definitely a general idea that he’s lazy based on nothing but a slightly different style of play.

Garner is busy, all action etc, but Onana’s use of the ball is much better and he’s also racked up the highest sprint speed of any Everton player this season if we’re going off purely physical stats

They compliment each other really well but some of the love Garner gets compared to the criticism Onana gets is mad