2023/24 James Garner

Stank the place out. Alehouse quality.
I think he’s dead ball kicks were poor but the rest of his game was okay, he stuck to his task and was always in the game, Onana didn’t help his cause going missing as usual. To be honest the midfielders were fighting an uphill battle with two against four and were always on a loser.

Oh come on don't act like its not a real thing its well documented players like Onana get labelled as lazy and not bothered and LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HIM HOW IS HE NOT SINGLE HANDEDLY BATTERING THEIR ENTIRE MIDFIELD while players like Garner don't. Onana missed a pen and there were a load of shouts about him bottling it or wanting to show off and nobody mentioned that Garner who actually takes set pieces didn't even take one. I'm not saying its always deliberate and i don't mean to have a go at Garner in particular but the double standards for the 2 of them are obvious.

Oh come on don't act like its not a real thing its well documented players like Onana get labelled as lazy and not bothered and LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HIM HOW IS HE NOT SINGLE HANDEDLY BATTERING THEIR ENTIRE MIDFIELD while players like Garner don't. Onana missed a pen and there were a load of shouts about him bottling it or wanting to show off and nobody mentioned that Garner who actually takes set pieces didn't even take one. I'm not saying its always deliberate and i don't mean to have a go at Garner in particular but the double standards for the 2 of them are obvious.

Prove me wrong, why is it that Garners put in far worse performances than Onana at times this season but no one bats a eyelid??
You’ve never seen the grief Keane, Gomes, and myko have received in the past!
Patterson (white m) getting more grief than young at rb these days despite being a kid

You’re both looking too hard for issues here

Id like to add, I am well aware of the state of some of our fans but the generalisation in yours posts is way off

You’ve never seen the grief Keane, Gomes, and myko have received in the past!
Patterson (white m) getting more grief than young at rb these days despite being a kid

You’re both looking too hard for issues here
Some things also happening to white people doesn't mean racism isn't a thing that shouldn't need explaining but this isn't an argument I really want to get into so no more from me.

Far worse than Onana at the weekend, Drops 5/10s most weeks and goes missing in games but no one says a word cos he's white
I really don't get this pitting Onana and Garner against each other. They are a partnership and a good one at that, we are allowed to like them both.

No question Onana gets targeted more by certain fans with predisposed opinions that won't be changed, but the motivation for that is probably quite varied.

I really don't get this pitting Onana and Garner against each other. They are a partnership and a good one at that, we are allowed to like them both.

No question Onana gets targeted more by certain fans with predisposed opinions that won't be changed, but the motivation for that is probably quite varied.
Id prefer if neither got abused but Onana is wrongfully targeted, he can play well and have a decent game and still get called out, it doesn't make sense to me. Week in/week out shouts from the stands 'you're effin shi you' etc when the lads done nothing wrong, this has been going on far before the pen miss btw.