2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one single person has said he'll be a superstar. Are we not allowed to say he's doing ok without the hyperbole. It is a bit of a big deal he can pass a ball as we have struggled in this department for years, only James in recent seasons could pick a pass.( I suppose Gylfi?)

All I am saying is he shows more composure on the ball than the others, it helps you control a game more. It is early days though. It is Just hoping he turns out boss but the ingredients are there.

Last edited:
Not one single person has said he'll be a superstar. Are we not allowed to say he's doing ok without the hyperbole. It is a bit of a big deal he can pass a ball as we have struggled in this department for years, only James in recent seasons could pick a pass.

All I am saying is he shows more composure on the ball than the others, it helps you control a game more. It is early days though. It is Just hoping he turns out boss but the ingredients are there.
Yeah,it's good to have a fella in there who doesn't instantly give possession away and can actually play a simple five yard ball,just a pity we haven't seen more of him this tortuous campaign!!

His first thought is to carry or pass the ball forwards, in that alone he is unique in the team. He seems a good little player, but he’s only had a few games, so I will judge him on next seasons performances, not this seasons!

Looking better every game he plays since the last injury. Definite starter for the last game but will be interesting to see which position.

Things have been bleak for so long it's refreshing to have have him in the team. And no, its not the second coming of Pele, just a good footballer in a pretty crap team.

He might represent that right now, but let's be realistic. He's started less than 10 games so there's no guarantees about how we'll all feel in a year's time. Schneiderlin, Walcott and Davies looked good to begin with.
I agree, though not about rating Walcott!

Garner is a different type of signing to those two. Not that it matters much if a player performs, but I'd be keen to see more signings with his type of profile.

The thing I look for in players like Garner is potential. Yes he is well rounded and can do most things well. But does he have the pace, size, physicality and mentality to reach that next level? Mentality will be up for debate but athletically he has all the potential to be great.

The fact hes shown a snide side while also being all action shows the type he'll become.

Status
Not open for further replies.