Confirmed Signing James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to have seen him today. We did very well for the most part, and Iwobi as usual covered a lot of ground. I think Garner would have offered more of a direct threat through the middle carrying the ball to the oppostion. We distributed a lot of long diagonal balls out of defence and this lad can add another dimension.
Frank said he hadn't trained for two weeks and not up to speed yet...minimum a week and then he'll be ready!

Unless he's been injured there's no excuse for a professional football not to train for 2 weeks. He may not have been training with the Man Utd first team but he should have been training somewhere.
I think he said he wasnt training at the level he should be with the distraction of the move etc. Said he needs 2 weeks training.

Not sure where he fits in now

Onana, Gana and Iwobi are the first 3 names on the team sheet with Pickford

With our form for injuries Garner will be in next week.

It's a squad game, we never have depth and now we'll have the likes of him, Doucoure and Allan and Davies available to rotate with Gana, Iwobi and Onana.

When was the last time we had depth like that?

Never, that's when!

He’s definitely one for the future. As for now, he probably needs some time to settle in. It’s good that he will have time, now that we’ve got Gana & Onana & Iwobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.